Shipping time for V1G2 upgrades

Tony S

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ordered an upgrade from V1G1 to V1G2, they received my unit on Friday 19. Do we have an estimate on when they ship the new unit?

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
My guess is today or tomorrow based on other reports I've heard recently. Beyond that, no one here knows for sure. :)

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not sure how it is for upgrades, but I ordered back in December when they had been on backorder for a while. The website said what day it would be shipping on, and sure enough, that day came and I got my tracking info. They seem very good at giving accurate time frames for shipments.

ALS

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
They got my V1G1 at 10:15 Tuesday the 16th of last week. VR shipped out the V1G2 on Friday the 19th, and Fed Ex delivered it yesterday. BTW I checked off the cheapest shipping I could get $17.

According to the Upgrade page it said, that if a unit was received on the 16th that the owner should expect VR to ship out the new unit around the 27th.

Last edited:

frank od5

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Why not call and ask VR.

Tony S

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ordered an upgrade from V1G1 to V1G2, they received my unit on Friday 19. Do we have an estimate on when they ship the new unit?
FYI, received this email from VR this morning:
”Thank you for your e-mail. We have a small backorder on the Valentine One Gen2 at this time. We are expecting all orders will be shipped out by the end of this week. You will receive an e-mail with tracking information when the order ships.”
I like this customer service prompt response 👍

Tony S

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Was good to receive V1G2 yesterday. Set it to small L (just as the old V1G1) and noticed that it is quieter than before, especially on K band; never encountered X band even in grocery store parking lots. In south west Florida cops use ka band exclusively; there could still be some k band straglers in smaller areas of the state.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Was good to receive V1G2 yesterday. Set it to small L (just as the old V1G1) and noticed that it is quieter than before, especially on K band; never encountered X band even in grocery store parking lots. In south west Florida cops use ka band exclusively; there could still be some k band straglers in smaller areas of the state.

@Tony S, Have you considered running JBV1 with your V1G2? They make an unbelievable tandem when paired and you can have JBV1 switch between Little “L (at or below PSL) and All Bogies “A” (above the PSL). 👍

Spartacus

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I download the Highway Patrol and I’m using it together with my Redline 360C so do they work together good? I need to get back in the loop so be patience until I get up the speed.

Tony S

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@Tony S, Have you considered running JBV1 with your V1G2? They make an unbelievable tandem when paired and you can have JBV1 switch between Little “L (at or below PSL) and All Bogies “A” (above the PSL). 👍
I live in iOS ecosystem; have the V1connection and thinking of the V1Driver. Given that the G2 is a lot quieter than G1 in my area, I want to see if V1Driver is really needed.

Tony S

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Upgraded from V1G1 to V1G2 two months now. New unit is much quieter and a solid performer. However, compared to V1G1, the V1G2 arrow direction is very laggy and many times never reverses direction when clearly I passed the radar source. I know VR must know about this issue by now, any way they may address it in a software update?

Last edited:

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
That behavior has been noticed at times and discussed.

The problem can be that the faster processing and greater range allows the Gen2 to react to reflections more readily.

If VR were to slow down the arrow behavior, you'd see arrows not transitioning as quickly and some would complain about that. (And have)

It's better now IMO than it was a year ago. Also, after a week or two, it's something a person might have gotten used to.

Other detectors in the same class have similar issues.

Tony S

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
That behavior has been noticed at times and discussed.

The problem can be that the faster processing and greater range allows the Gen2 to react to reflections more readily.

If VR were to slow down the arrow behavior, you'd see arrows not transitioning as quickly and some would complain about that. (And have)

It's better now IMO than it was a year ago. Also, after a week or two, it's something a person might have gotten used to.

Other detectors in the same class have similar issues.
The problem is that the arrow is too slow to change direction when it should (that’s what laggy means).

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well Tony, you are still possibly experiencing reflections. :) You are seeing a user interface representation that's necessarily delayed and "smoothed" greatly from what's really happening.

Think of radar more like light bouncing off of a mirror ball with spots being aimed in various directions. Every solid surface is reflecting various and ever changing strengths of signal.

What I'm trying to say is that it seems like it was more erratic in the earlier days and that it's less erratic now.

If VR fixes it to be quicker to respond, it tends to appear more erratic.

I have noticed the same thing when I went from my Gen1 to my Gen2. It happens more in a busy environment.

Out in the open it's very much like what we are used to with the Gen1.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49