Kia Ora – another Kiwi on board!

JagmanNZ

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Got a DFR7 a little while ago and am impressed with it with regard to normal Ka signals, but I don't seem to have much luck detecting Redflex signals from camera vans went (sedately) past one the other day and not a flicker. Also want to know how to update firmware, NZ database etc.
And I'm looking for advice on best default settings for normal use – I commute from a rural area each day so there's a lot of open road travel.
The Uniden website is pretty hopeless so I'd be grateful for any and all help.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Got a DFR7 a little while ago and am impressed with it with regard to normal Ka signals, but I don't seem to have much luck detecting Redflex signals from camera vans went (sedately) past one the other day and not a flicker. Also want to know how to update firmware, NZ database etc.
And I'm looking for advice on best default settings for normal use – I commute from a rural area each day so there's a lot of open road travel.
The Uniden website is pretty hopeless so I'd be grateful for any and all help.
Welcome to the forums, if you got your DFR7 from the US, it is unlikely to pickup mobile redflex vans.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

JagmanNZ

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, if you got your DFR7 from the US, it is unlikely to pickup mobile redflex vans.
Thanks, yes I believe it was a US model, but the retailer advertised it as supposed to have been configured for NZ, with appropriate, settings, firmware and NZ database(s). That's what's made me think perhaps there is an update I should be looking for.

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks, yes I believe it was a US model, but the retailer advertised it as supposed to have been configured for NZ, with appropriate, settings, firmware and NZ database(s). That's what's made me think perhaps there is an update I should be looking for.
I think @Mithheru and I know that retailer. Unfortunately they have taken a NZ database from a member here and are falsely advertising the firmware part.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I made the DFR7 NZ conversion available on here. However, it also requires a retune. Perhaps confirm what the display says on power up: "Uniden" or "Uniden NZ"? On the menu, what database version does it have. E.g. 1.39, 1.41, or perhaps starting with a 2, e.g. 2.14, 2.18 etc.?

JagmanNZ

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I think @Mithheru and I know that retailer. Unfortunately they have taken a NZ database from a member here and are falsely advertising the firmware part.
Well that's a bugger... but hopefully not insurmountable. Thanks for the information.
Post automatically merged:

I made the DFR7 NZ conversion available on here. However, it also requires a retune. Perhaps confirm what the display says on power up: "Uniden" or "Uniden NZ"? On the menu, what database version does it have. E.g. 1.39, 1.41, or perhaps starting with a 2, e.g. 2.14, 2.18 etc.?
Thanks @Mithheru — It starts with just Uniden, the FW version is 1.2 and DB shows 19/03/04. Sounds like it's not what the retailer indicated it should be. Can you help and what's involved in retuning?

Last edited:

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well that's a bugger... but hopefully not insurmountable. Thanks for the information.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks @Mithheru — It starts with just Uniden, the FW version is 1.2 and DB shows 19/03/04. Sounds like it's not what the retailer indicated it should be. Can you help and what's involved in retuning?
If you're game, follow the instruction to a T in the following thread.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you're game, follow the instruction to a T in the following thread.

So looks like you have a US origin DFR7. Lots of people have found my instructions for the update to NZ spec are easy enough to follow. However, I think the retune is actually the most time consuming part. Probably easier if you want to courier it to me. That way I can convert it to NZ spec, retune it and also put my 2.24 NZ gps database on it.

Please send me a PM and I'll send you my address.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikelonghair