2019 Corolla Hatchback Install recommendations?

89q2hiu54warefs

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Currently looking at purchasing a TMG as I am running JBV1 with a V1G2 and want the app compatibility. What's keeping me from purchasing though is the hurdle to properly install stuff.

• My Comma 2's wires run along the headboard to the driver's side trim, down to the ODB port for always-on power.
  • My Dash Cam runs along the headboard to the passenger side trim, into a 3 port hub in the passenger footwell.
  • My V1G2's power cable just runs along the dashboard to the same 3 port hub in the passenger footwell.
All of these are relatively unobtrusive and are "easy" to do.

From what I've been reading, installation would at the very least require some sort of removal of items in the car itself to run the cables from the front bumper *into* the car. I'm also unsure how I would run power to this, as the most I've ever done is tap into the fusebox for dashcam power on my old car, although I'm unable to do so on my current car with the taps I had previously.

Anyone have any advice, or if I should just bring the car into a shop to have a professional install (assuming they'd do so)?

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You can always just have shop run the cables and hardwire it for you. It is often better if you do the heads--shops can get sloppy with this step anyway.

NoahWL

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I'm jealous of the Comma 2. Besides mounting the heads, the hardest part is getting the cables through the firewall. You can drill your own hole and add a grommet just for the TMG, or you can run the wires through a factory grommet if there's room. Besides that, not any harder than hardwiring a dashcam or radar detector. From some quick Googling it looks like there's a fuse box under the steering column you could tap into.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k6ssey