App crashes constantly

Misanthrope

Avoiding the 5-0
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi all. Since I am an iPhone user, I am trialing this app on an old android device to decide if I should purchase a cheap android device and use one of my free T-Mobile lines and use it as a dedicated in vehicle device.

The phone is a freshly reset Galaxy Note 4 running Android 6.0.1. Nothing is installed or running on this phone except for Highway Radar. The app randomly closes as well as randomly receiving a message that it crashed. According to the task manager, the phone is not running out of RAM.

Is this device just too old to run this app?

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I too am an iPhone user running Highway Radar on a Galaxy S7 Edge with Android 8.0.0 without crashing problems. My Android has no active cell plan and also has JBV1, V1-Driver beta, and V1-Connection, plus many other useless apps I can't uninstall. Maybe other members running the App on an Android will chime in here. Vortex would probably be a real good source of information.

CorvettePolestar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Do you have Weather enabled?

My Nexus 7 crashes when I enable weather, but otherwise it runs on it fine after I disabled Weather.

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Constant crashes on me too...Cannot find the reason...

bhrodeoaz

Lifted and tuned Ram
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have been having a network connection issue with HR on my galaxy note 20. I have the recent update and full cell coverage on 5G. And never had the issue before till after recent update.

Running Android 11
Highway radar ver. 2.5.2

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Ferius, today i play with my noxplayer emulator on PC. I manage to reproduce "internet connection problem" with running as tablet or as phone (change resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720...
with 1920x1080 i get internet problems every time, with 1280 app works fine...???

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@ferius
I just reinstall last version and surprise...it works now. I admit that when make settings , without data and gps enabled, i try first with 1 mile distance in all direction and then start using it...then switch to max distances...
Funny bug, sometimes voice repeat one word like DJ-DJ-DJ-DJ-DJ 28 (type of a road here...), but can live with that.

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If there are multiple reports in the same location, then voice repeat that numbers of alerts with road category...funny

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
If there are multiple reports in the same location, then voice repeat that numbers of alerts with road category...funny
Will take a look into it. By multiple repetitions you mean something like:
"Police ahead in a quarter of a mile, reported 1 minute ago, on some street, and some street, and some street, and some street, ..."?

Reactions: gra

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
This means that in these reports the street is spelled differently.
For example "5th Street, and fifth Street, and 5th st, and fifth str". Can you give me the exact name of the street where this is happening?

Reactions: gra

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This means that in these reports the street is spelled differently.
For example "5th Street, and fifth Street, and 5th st, and fifth str". Can you give me the exact name of the street where this is happening?
For example DN 28 witch means "national road number 28" here... oitside the city...

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
For example DN 28 witch means "national road number 28" here... oitside the city...
Actually I was wrong. That logic of removing duplicate street names existed in older version, but got accidentally removed at some point. I'll restore the normal functioning in the next version.

lylesimplewitze

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Highway Radar gives me an internet problem error on a Galaxy Note 8. Any ideas?

df260c56f5574be1d7d989a7790193e5451d3859-1.jpg

lylesimplewitze

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is your version up to date? If you're using a SABRE plugin, is it up to date as well?
Should be, I downloaded the latest versions here.
Post automatically merged:

Is your version up to date? If you're using a SABRE plugin, is it up to date as well?
Using WZSabre1.3 and the latest DL of Highwayradar from google play

Last edited:

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Should be, I downloaded the latest versions here.
Post automatically merged:

Using WZSabre1.3 and the latest DL of Highwayradar from google play
Considering you have a Samsung, I'd recommend taking a look at https://www.rdforum.org/threads/109655/
If this doesn't help, could you make a backup of your settings, and PM me the sharing key?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i1dave2