Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @ncslayer1234 from Charlotte. JBV1 is very popular with the V1 users and the developer is actually in the Raleigh area. See what responses you get from your intro posting (it will most likely just be people welcoming you) and if you don't get what you're looking for, put a posting in the V1 section of the forum. I would also suggest looking at Vortex's latest set-up videos for ideas. @Kennyc56, any suggestions for this new member? Again, welcome!

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@ncslayer1234 , Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee!! Are you running the V1 Gen1 or the V1 Gen2?

Last edited:

MurrayB

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
HI and welcome to the forum. You will get a lot of good info on the V1 here.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hello @ncslayer1234 and welcome aboard RDF!

@Z06fan covered all of the bases with his great suggestions. Here's the link to the videos from @Vortex:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good setup for running V1 in NC??
Welcome to the forum @ncslayer1234 ! Funny you should ask! I run a V1G2 on firmware 4.1023 and love it! It is the ultimate warrior against all of Ka band including blistering fast Q/T and I/O shots, incredible range and by far and away the best off axis, over hill and around the curve pickups that I've ever seen! I also run JBV1 and together they are incredible! At this time it's only weakness is against certain K band guns on I/O shots, but it's good against C/O K band. I'm sure that VR will fix this in an upcoming firmware update. I'd just turn X band off and run A mode and set up JBV1 however you like it as you figure it out! The main thing about driving in NC is being aware of hidden point blank 34.7 and 35.5 I/O shots. These Troopers will hide anywhere and everywhere so you need to stay on your toes at all times and drop anchor as soon as you see 34.7 and 35.5 because they are never false alarms! They could be far off but so what, you can always speed back up! Good luck and buckle up! BTW, if you're running a V1G1, update it to the V1G2 as fast as you can! I ran a V1G1 for years and while it's a great detector, it's not even close to my V1G2!

Last edited:

ncslayer1234

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@ncslayer1234 welcome to RDF! is this a V1 G2?
It is a V1 G2!
Post automatically merged:

@ncslayer1234 welcome to RDF! is this a V1 G2?
Yes it is a V1 G2.

Welcome to the forum @ncslayer1234 from Charlotte. JBV1 is very popular with the V1 users and the developer is actually in the Raleigh area. See what responses you get from your intro posting (it will most likely just be people welcoming you) and if you don't get what you're looking for, put a posting in the V1 section of the forum. I would also suggest looking at Vortex's latest set-up videos for ideas. @Kennyc56, any suggestions for this new member? Again, welcome!
Wow!! Thank you so much! I actually am from the Raleigh area😂. But thank you again, I will certainly try using JBV1!

@ncslayer1234 , Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee!! Are you running the V1 Gen1 or the V1 Gen2?
Thank you!! I am running the V1 G2!

Welcome, I hope you have a G2 for the Ka sensitivity and range. There is lots of I/O where you are!
I'm sorry but what does I/O mean??

Last edited:

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm sorry but what does I/O mean??
As @jestric has you squared away. If you ever see a NC Trooper at a gas station or watch a video, their counting unit (the box that shows speeds) will usually be in HLD (hold mode) meaning they have the radar unit turned-on but with no radar emitting and they're just waiting to visually identify some unsuspecting motorist before they hit their magic button to get a speed. Out of all the measuring set-ups, I think we all hate I/O the most and unfortunately, NC Troopers are very selective and very good at it :).

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikelonghair