Hello From Central NY.

Derykey

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
How is it going everyone, Hope Everyone is Staying Safe in this Corona Pandemic! Got a Uniden R7, Defiantly Saved my Ass Multiple Times After Coming From The Whistler CR97,

The Whistler CR97 False Alerts A Hell Of a Lot Including Lazer Detection Under the Brand New Transponders Over the NYS Thruway. (Now Cashless)

Hope to Give you guys on Info On Local Police Radar Ranges (State Troopers Use 34.7 i have noticed quite alot)

Anyway Hello!

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the Bay State! We have a number of NY locals on the forum and it's great to have more people passing along info. The R7 is a great upgrade over the CR97 and should serve you well!

If you run Ka segments on your R7, make sure you use 2/4/5/6/8 at a minimum. NYSP is known to have 34.7 guns that drift all over the Ka range.

Derykey

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the Bay State! We have a number of NY locals on the forum and it's great to have more people passing along info. The R7 is a great upgrade over the CR97 and should serve you well!

If you run Ka segments on your R7, make sure you use 2/4/5/6/8 at a minimum. NYSP is known to have 34.7 guns that drift all over the Ka range.
Good To Know, My Travel is From Oneida County to Madison County Off Some State Routes With 2 NYSP Barracks i have to pass by. There are Some Hiding Spots i know they hide in off the roads i travel on they like to sit off of. Including a Few Sheriff Cars I've Seen A Few Madison County Sheriff Cars Run 34.7 And Some Use K Band As Well Around Including a Few Local Officers Where i work at Including one Speed Sign i Usually come up on At 24.155/.156

And i Run into a lot of Door Openers Along my Route too :roflolmao:

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

Dave G

Born to lead, At breakneck speed
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome to the...
imageedit_1_5665813754.gif

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Derykey , Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee!! Great choice on the R7. I think you will notice a significant improvement on performance over the CR97. The directional arrows are great for situational awareness too.

There are a few of us old school Whistler guys on the RDF, and I tried out a CR97 for over a year, but I ended up selling mine. I think you will enjoy having a specific frequency display, arrows, and great sensitivity on the R7. Welcome aboard!!

MurrayB

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
HI Derykey and welcome to the forum. That R7 will serve you well and you will learn how to get the most from it here.

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
From Colorado, welcome to the Forum @Derykey. R7 is one of the top radar detectors.

Blasirl

Bring Order to Chaos
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
America's Dairyland - Smell our Dairy Air!
How is it going everyone, Hope Everyone is Staying Safe in this Corona Pandemic! Got a Uniden R7, Defiantly Saved my Ass Multiple Times After Coming From The Whistler CR97,

The Whistler CR97 False Alerts A Hell Of a Lot Including Lazer Detection Under the Brand New Transponders Over the NYS Thruway. (Now Cashless)

Hope to Give you guys on Info On Local Police Radar Ranges (State Troopers Use 34.7 i have noticed quite alot)

Anyway Hello!

Welcome Aboard!:parrot:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dk919