New home made IR license plate

doubledge

PSL?
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Neat for sure but wouldn’t do you any good.

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
We need a Ginny pig to test this 😛

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If the cam uses visible flash at night (not invisible IR flash) with an IR cut filter, it wont do anything (I have the poliscan pictures and ticket to proove it)

I was running an OnTrack IR InvisiPlate with IR LEDS above the plate (sunflexzone)

Last edited:

Blasirl

Bring Order to Chaos
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
America's Dairyland - Smell our Dairy Air!
If the cam uses visible flash at night (not invisible IR flash) with an IR cut filter, it wont do anything (I have the poliscan pictures and ticket to proove it)

I was running an OnTrack IR InvisiPlate with IR LEDS above the plate (sunflexzone)
Add a No Photo

08Z51C6

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
🤔😳 Interesting but as the other posts say probably not 🚫 if the police cameras are using visible light to read the plates.
Hopefully the guy tried out and see if he gets a ticket keep us posted,..😁😁🏎️🏎️🏎️🏎️

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Even if you provide your own white flash (a la NoPhoto), they still generally have the capability to adjust levels so they can read otherwise blown out photos. And the materials and design of plates from state to state can be different enough to make designing a single solution difficult, much less for all photo systems as well. It would be a neat challenge for someone to overcome if they could figure it out. Shoot light AT the plat itself? Or would retroreflective coatings make that useless? Use high intensity LEDs for both white light and IR transmission? Or would it not matter because they can’t be strong enough (and remain viably affordable) to get the job done? Lots of stuff to deal with there.

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Interesting. Who now owns it?

Gadgetlocator1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Here is an update he is looking at different bulbs and stuff! Looks like there will be more on this in the future!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyz3