• Poll closed .

km325

PSL +20
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am trying to decide on whether or not to mount the 2 alp heads I have for the front vertically in the grill or lower down on the bumper. Please use the poll to vote and of course post with any insight. FWIW I do have a stalker to test with but rarely do I do the difficult testing performed by some of the other members.

I already read that the recommended setup for BMW's is 2 vertical and 1 TX sensor but I really don't want to drop another $350 on 1 sensor at the moment. So please do not suggest that for this poll.
Thank you for your insight.

sensor placement.PNG

Attachments

• sensor placement.PNG
    sensor placement.PNG
    778.8 KB · Views: 16

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The above is correct, they must be horizontal unless you have a tx. The lower placement will be pretty solid on everything except dragoneye (which will be pretty weak), against dragoneye you need three heads. I would say try to pull the two rx heads out (make them stick out from the front bumper ) a little for best performance since that bumper does stick out and will block a good line of sight to the headlights.

If you add a TX down the road then the vertical placement with a tx near the middle is a very well tested solid performing setup against dragonets.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Horizontal without a TX head. With the TX head you will get better performance. I have an M-sport F30.

km325

PSL +20
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Horizontal without a TX head. With the TX head you will get better performance. I have an M-sport F30.
yeah I found some of your post recently about your JTG results. Can you speak to a 2 RX head setup like this kind of low and how you think that would perform?

I am open to the TX sensor at some point but sinking another $350 on one sensor seems excessive especially since I am not unprotected and I rarely see laser when I am really speeding.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
yeah I found some of your post recently about your JTG results. Can you speak to a 2 RX head setup like this kind of low and how you think that would perform?

I am open to the TX sensor at some point but sinking another $350 on one sensor seems excessive especially since I am not unprotected and I rarely see laser when I am really speeding.

My car had JTG during testing with the two RX heads (as always, have your setup tested). I added the TX heads due to possible dragon encounters and to have maximum protection.

Bocephus

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I voted vertically with the caveat of a TX head being installed. I have seen that setup perform well under testing.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benlindsey007