Thanks for this resource

DeerHL

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Lots of knowledge and experiences here, it's appreciated.

I'd been using the older V1 for longer than I should. A sale came up recently on the R7 and I bit. Now I'm catching up to what's new and found I was so out of it- HR/Sabre on Android, cool!

Got the R7 config'ed for CA and will give it a NorCal/SoCal shakedown (and will share). Leaving K on but seriously attenuated/filtered. Coming from old-V1, it will be nothing but great, but, yea, humans are demanding, it won't take long for my expectations to either raise the bar, or throw caution to the wind and shut K off completely (I know, np, but as an engineering non-zero over-thinker, I was conservative _before COVID).

Anyways, for now, bye V1, won't miss your indifference to my inventory of wrong-wired RJ11 cords, and constant BSM/TSF tiffs. I will miss how the pure light of your 7-Seg LED spoke of an unburdened Mil-Spec time, and accentuated the shadows over your crinkled magnesium body .. and the soft radiused de-honed knobs! O my! <fanning>

I'm still considering upgrading to V1/G2 - JBV1 looks cool. There was a time I was a bit worried Valentine would get stale or not keep up. But if I did get Gen2, which one should I hand-me-lateral to my son? The R7 is less busy, so if I didnt want to return a favor for him rolling his eyes every time I "nuanced" a thorough solution for/with him ... I go easy on him with the R7. Anyways, his generation was given less (physical) knobs to play with. ;)

My background is actually a microwave technician (EEET) from a large community college, but went into digital/ASICs (R&D tech), which I found my training in analog impedance / wave-effects came in handy as clock rates rose - it helped proto-typing towards signal integrity ... and end up spec'ing cabling from a _clothing vendor (Gore .. as in when Gore-Tex's vapor-permeability became a rain-shell comfort thing .. yea, show'in my age). Small worlds, and puffy Teflon is cool stuff.

I work/mod on my own cars, mostly cuz I wanted to fund my tools. I went to mechanics about 5 times in the 45+ yrs, only one good experience, he went outta business. The need for speed and electronics/suspension lead to R/C cars- semi-stock, 1/10th dirt-oval / jumps, back in the (kit-version gold anodized aircraft aluminum tub) RC-10 days (won 2nd once with my Tamiya Frog w/ rheostat). Did a few (2nd-gear) parking lot autocrosses, was gonna accept the invite from the Corvette club to share a _real track with them, but my heart gave out after an immaculate (but modded) Alfa Giulia smacked head-long into the large concrete base of a light-pole at one of the parking lot autoX .. cuz the course was made of pylons, but the _apexes were the concrete bases ... talk about keeping your lift-throttle-oversteer in discipline .. ;)

I kinda digressed- yes, I understand radar to a point, tho other squirrels(!) are preventing my curiosity from googling how all these radar guns are modulating/pulsing on their way to counter-counter measures. Oops, I do have some working radar experience - Lead alarm technician, during my 11th / Senior year - one horn can cover 3 room's interior spaces, but the original techs didn't know that, so was hard to tame that beast in its existing implementation ... but was waay better than complaints from the alternatives - ultrasonics (some were low enough they doppler'ed their way into the near-sub-conscious hearing of employees, making them manic. Best use of a (470-Ohm) resistor I'd ever done for combating human suffrage.)

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, great intro post! Glad you are happy with the R7!

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hello @DeerHL - Welcome aboard RDF and congratulations on your R7!

The V1G2 is also an outstanding detector especially when paired with JBV1. It won’t be long before you’ll be wanting to purchase it now that you’ve joined RDF. 😉

Thank you for your introduction, we’re glad that you decided to become a part of our community. Again, welcome! 👍

milkman

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

RoadDogg

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DeerHL , Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee!!

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. Hope you get your questions all sorted. I think you will be happy with a V1G2 as long as you're using the App.

norteno

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I’m sure you will find the R7 to be an excellent upgrade. That’s what I run, and I couldn’t be happier with it. There is a lot of great information on this forum and a lot of people willing to share their expertise and experience.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tap053