A word of thanks and sound settings questions

stlouisx50

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hey its been a while. Good to be back on the forum.

So with this app, could you please explain the distance settings /thresholds, in regards to the All the alerts under the sounds tab and what they mean?

Also under settings when I click risk estimation, are those preset and unchangeable? It mentions 40 to 70% and 2hr +/-. Does the heat map change based on time of day for true probability?

Totally awesome concept, what I always dreamed of. This concept is worth accepting donations for vs pay because more people will join and crowdsource. Could you please remind us where we can donate?

Last edited:

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Hi @stlouisx50

So with this app, could you please explain the distance settings /thresholds, in regards to the All the alerts under the sounds tab and what they mean?
Not sure what exactly do you mean. Could you take a screenshot and circle the item you're concerned about?

Also under settings when I click risk estimation, are those preset and unchangeable? It mentions 40 to 70% and 2hr +/-. Does the heat map change based on time of day for true probability?
These are not presets, but just some information for you explaining how risk score works. Currently you can only select the risk score model (either 10-score or 25-score), and appearance.

Totally awesome concept, what I always dreamed of. This concept is worth accepting donations for vs pay because more people will join and crowdsource. Could you please remind us where we can donate?
Thanks for you eagerness to donate, I always appreciate this! I'm currently rebuilding how my donations work, so the links I'll post below haven't appeared anywhere yet.

- You can donate at Ko-fi (https://ko-fi.com/highwayradar), this works good for one time donations
- You can also donate at Liberapay (https://liberapay.com/highwayradar), this is the best option for recurring donations.

Also, you can send me a direct PayPal transfer — this way I'll get a little more as there will be no payment processing fee; however, I'm only providing the payment details to Int+ members only. If you think, this option is for you, then PM me.

stlouisx50

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I was referring to the settings attached. What do they mean?
Screenshot_2021-02-19-08-22-38.png

Also one last question. I have Sabre installed and it appears to be working, but I'm not seeing the crowd sourced data. It said no data yet. Waze is showing 132 reports around. Is this due to how this app works to conserve data? Only reports within a given range show in the crowd sourced reports?

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I see, this could be a bit confusing. These settings allow to mute the beeper or voice for a selected alert on low speeds.

You can choose 3 different types of threshold and then select how do they combine:
  • Absolute speed limit offset – offset from the PSL in mph (or km/h). For example, if the speed limit where you're now is 50 MPH, and the offset is set to +7, then the alert will happen at 57 MPH.
  • Relative speed limit offset – offset from the PSL in %. For example, if the speed limit where you're now is 50 MPH, and the offset is set to +10%, then the alert will happen at 60 MPH.
  • Fixed speed – this one is easy. Simply sets a speed, after which alert should happen. Independent from the current speed limit.
Then you need to choose, how to combine these speed limits. There are a lot of modes here -- you can either rely on one value, or build some complex stuff (e.g. "alert on lowest of PSL+10 and PSL+5%, but never alert if I'm slower than 40MPH", or "alert on PSL+5, or at 30 MPH if current speed limit isn't available").

So, this system is extremely flexible, however requires some initial effort to get used to it.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikelonghair