Android and V1 G2...necessary?

TommyT53

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is it worth having the detector without the phone. what would I be missing?

midd

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First and First, the Nexus of the Universe
Alot. Check out the JBV1 forum.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Check this out:

TommyT53

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ok...scratch this detector off my list.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Now that I'm a JBV1 user, I wouldn't even consider running my V1G2 without it! The two of them are incredible together and all I have to do is start my car and they pair up instantly! I can't stand to run a detector without frequency alerts, so that's all I was using it for. Now I'm starting to use more and more Of JBV1 and loving every minute of it! Thanks again for all you do for us @johnboy00 !

XDA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The V1G2 is excellent on its own. You will probably want to disable X band. Perhaps you want to disable laser or K band. You can do that without a phone...but it is a lot easier with a phone. Then once you are done you are done.

I am a highway user and usually run my V1G2 in "A" mode without an app. I can tell the radar band but not the frequency, which is not a real big deal. If you want low speed muting without an app you can get a Savvy accessory.

The one thing though, you will need the free Valentine app to update your firmware. Which is extremely simple to do.

ALS

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Think of it like this way, a V1 is like a local amusement park. The V1 does everything you want but something is missing, it could be better. The thing is when you pair a V1 with JBV1 it's like going to Disney World.

Lets see you can integrate WAZE into the display, while you can also have weather overlaid on top of that. While that's going on you can monitor all possible hostile aircraft flying near you. Then as you cross state lines it can automatically change the setting that you've set up with that state.

Lets say you're driving through NY, NJ, PA and OH., as you cross into NJ from NY the JBV1 would automatically turn on the X band at the state line. When you crossed over the border into Pa. it would turn off X Band. Then when you crossed over from Pa. into Oh., it would turn the X band back on.

How about A, small L, and Large L logic settings. You can set them all up to change with vehicle speeds. Say under 40 mph you have large L on, and above 40 mph it changes to small L. Then when you go above say 70 mph it changes to A.

You don't need an APP like JBV1 to get full use out of the V1 as a detector. Once you have integrated JBV1 with the detector, you'll wonder why you didn't put the APP on your phone earlier.

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If the app went away I'd still run V1. Did it for years and it served me well.
I ran my V1G1 for years alone as well and it wasn't even in the same universe as my V1G2/JBV1 is! The app is not what makes the V1G2 kick @ss, the range and off axis is, at least for me! JBV1 just gives me all of the info that the V1G2 can't by itself! I got so used to knowing the frequency while running my R1's and Redline-O's, hell even my Whistlers that I can't do without it now, but that's just me! It would still protect you just as good by itself, but I'd always feel like I was missing out!

cihkal

Keep taking me off ignore? 😘
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@cihkal runs a V1 without an app and loves it too FWIW.
Yessir, based V1G2 user reporting for duty sir! What's an app?

For those that prefer an app for some other feature not native to the V1... they're absolutely great. Our community has been blessed with amazing app developers! For updates and random times I want more info, I'll power up the V1Connection app on my iPhone.

Otherwise, the V1G2 is the champ at truly classifying signals, check out my signature if curious how, at [baseline]. That helps! What makes me happy is how well logic (non-threatening in the moment are audibly muted) and advanced logic (the same non-threatening in the moment are audibly & visually muted) keep things comfy for my ears. MyPillow and VR both have owners named Mike 🤔

Don't get me wrong, I expect the V1G2 to get better with its analog processor (real-time "FFT") and FPGA (digital signal processing & general operations) on the receiving end... and am holding them to it! Added some extra sauce to the post with all the newcomers here. Almost seems like more new accounts are being created than non-introduction posts!

For the more curious folks, do personal research on compressive receivers, high probability of intercept receivers, and low probability of intercept signals. You'll learn A LOT more outside here with military related articles on SIGINT & EW, and related research papers. Then apply what you learn here!

Last edited:

Rocket Jockey

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is it worth having the detector without the phone. what would I be missing?
E V E R Y T H I N G!...

The V1 Gen2 Without the JBV1 Is Useless!
We Are NOW! In An Information Society!

With NEW Motion Cams Popping Up ALL OVER the Highways! And Byways!
LEO's Are Electronically Connected To ALL Available Notifications of Your Movements!

Think of It This Way! We NOW Live In the MATRIX!
And Vortex Is Our Neo! Securing the Net For Our Benefit!

NOW! The Machines Are the LEO's! And! Their Departments Hunting "US" Everyday!
24/7! Never Letting Up In Catching "US" On the Roadways!

And You ASK?!!! What You Would Be Missing? SURVIVING dem AMCHINES!...

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikelonghair