Mount ALP heads on Bull Bar Bumper

MichaelC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Anyone ever try this ?

My ARB bumper bars are partially blocking the ALP heads ... I'm not sure how much it effects it and was 🤔 thinking about cutting slots in the steel bumper. Anyone ever try this ?

System

PSL ÷ 2
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
A member who i frequently test with has a 4 head setup (TMG) on the front of his truck - 2 sensors are mounted off-center on a giant push bar, and the other 2 are flush cut into the bumper mounted just under the headlight housings. For the amount of area the system has to cover it performs exceptionally well

MichaelC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Awesome. Do you know what he used to make the cuts ? Is he located in the Southern California area? Maybe I could take my car to him and pay him? Right now the sensors are in the grill and being partially blocked by the new ARB bumper.

System

PSL ÷ 2
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Awesome. Do you know what he used to make the cuts ? Is he located in the Southern California area? Maybe I could take my car to him and pay him? Right now the sensors are in the grill and being partially blocked by the new ARB bumper.

For the factory bumper under the headlights he just used a Dremel/Multi-tool and went slow. For the metal aftermarket bumper: he self-tapped the brackets into the bar, then tapped a hole to bolt the sensors down. Unfortunately we're in Canada, and I wouldn't even know where to go to get that done neither haha

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Maybe post a picture of your front end...

CTLC200

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm also going thru a similar issue. Here are pictures of a land cruiser:

Before getting a steel bumper with giant bars, I had 2 sensor mid line on the grill and one above the plate. The vertical pieces would block my setup, so now i'm back on the drawing board too.

@MichaelC What's your truck?

ARB1021-2cropped.jpg

ARB1021-1cropped.jpg

MichaelC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Land Rover. Same bumper -ARB

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
We had a member here a while back install his heads onto his Ranch Hand full replacement bumper on his Ford Super Duty truck, I think using Sugru. There aren’t any better options really.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnanian