Picked up a new XP

yellowtibby

Shifter ZR4's number one fan.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Picked up a new Radenso XP to run in my car. I know this is an older detector, but I think it was unfairly forgotten due to the R3 coming out shortly after the XP launched. I also have a Pro M and R7 to compare. In real world travels the XP is whisper quiet (95% the quiet of the Pro M) and waaay quieter than my R7. It also doesn't laser false like firmware US 22 on the Pro M and I really appreciate the actual frequency display. The RJ11 jack with mute button is also great to mute the rare false and to initiate GPS lockouts. The separation of the BSM and TSR filters on the XP is also appreciated over the TsRej on the Pro M and I love auto city mode and wish the R7 can have it in a future FW update. I bought it new because the older gen XP cannot be muted from the power plug. I drove around Maryland and it would alert to all the speed and red-light cams with accuracy and it even detects Redflex here in PA when run in K wide. Finally, the mute mode on the XP is amazing because it can be turned on permanently and mute all audio alerts for K band in the city which is perfect when running in smart dark mode where it will blink the display to K band alerts but not alert audibly to them. This is nice in PA where the local cops can't run radar or laser so I turn mute mode on just to get k band visual alerts in town and then use the remote mute button to turn it off when travel between towns on backroads and highways where the state troopers run K band. It's a great detector. I am impressed. Good job Radenso, I actually like it more than my Pro M.

20210213_101726.jpg
20210213_100318.jpg

Last edited:

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I got a really good price on an XP from a forum member recently. It is an older model not compatible with the remote mute feature of newer serial numbers 7D00500 and higher. I haven't given it a chance yet but if I find myself reaching for the mute button too often I might consider buying a new one from Radenso.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Picked up a new Radenso XP to run in my car. I know this is an older detector, but I think it was unfairly forgotten due to the R3 coming out shortly after the XP launched. I also have a Pro M and R7 to compare. In real world travels the XP is whisper quiet (95% the quiet of the Pro M) and waaay quieter than my R7. It also doesn't laser false like firmware US 22 on the Pro M and I really appreciate the actual frequency display. The RJ11 jack with mute button is also great to mute the rare false and to initiate GPS lockouts. The separation of the BSM and TSR filters on the XP is also appreciated over the TsRej on the Pro M and I love auto city mode and wish the R7 can have it in a future FW update. I bought it new because the older gen XP cannot be muted from the power plug. I drove around Maryland and it would alert to all the speed and red-light cams with accuracy and it even detects Redflex here in PA when run in K wide. Finally, the mute mode on the XP is amazing because it can be turned on permanently and mute all audio alerts for K band in the city which is perfect when running in smart dark mode where it will blink the display to K band alerts but not alert audibly to them. This is nice in PA where the local cops can't run radar or laser so I turn mute mode on just to get k band visual alerts in town and then use the remote mute button to turn it off when travel between towns on backroads and highways where the state troopers run K band. It's a great detector. I am impressed. Good job Radenso, I actually like it more than my Pro M.

View attachment 172554 View attachment 172555
Congrats on the Radenso @yellowtibby ! Be sure to keep us updated on it's performance and post some videos of your encounters please!

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
@yellowtibby, it's been almost a month now since you picked up your new model XP so how are you liking it so far?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nice to see you running it! Yeah I love some of its features like auto city mode and being able to quickly mute all K band alerts as needed. The test mode is pretty slick too to see exactly what the detector sees. :)

yellowtibby

Intermediate User
Reaction score
@yellowtibby, it's been almost a month now since you picked up your new model XP so how are you liking it so far?
Hey man I really love it. I have been running the R7 this week due to auto lockouts coming out, but for the 3 weeks before that I have been exclusively running the XP. I like it over my Pro M. It's range is solid! I have put about 2000 miles of road trips on the XP mostly through PA and Upstate NY. The latter had TONS of 34.7 Ka band and it gives me plenty of real world range. It's not R7 level of range but plenty to be speeding 15+ with lots of range to slow down. I love the BSM filtering. It barely falses. If it goes off you know there is a cop. How do you like your XP? Does it work well in your neck of the woods? I'm trying to start an XP revival on RDF. I totally forgot it even existed until I saw some old @Vortex Videos on YouTube. I think it would sell better if it was $199 instead of $250.

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The XP is one of my favorite detectors! It's a great "city" detector and holds it's own on road trips too.

DrHow

Going Plaid+ (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I always liked the display and case design. Darn, Now XP is resurrected and looking good. As a great all purpose, decent cost, good quality RD. Now the “buy it now” is hitting right now. Trying to get me to the web site and buy one. The person who runs my Pro M every day, wants a easy cigar plug located mute/lockout button. And now wants real frequency read out. Likes the Pro M quiet mostly urban/metro performance.

Maybe time to get a new toy to play with, and change out this for the Pro M. The Pro M with rice sized button that has to be pressed hard enough to bend the suction mount, in order to do a manual lockout is real PIA when mounted up high on the windshield.

Last edited:

catch1147

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My wife is still using one in her car, used it in the Texas hill country when we first got it and it performed very well. Probably the only detector the average driver would need.

yellowtibby

Intermediate User
Reaction score
I always liked the display and case design. Darn, Now XP is resurrected and looking good. As a great all purpose, decent cost, good quality RD. Now the “shiver down the leg” is hitting right now. Trying to get me to the web site and buy one. The person who runs my Pro M every day, wants a easy cigar plug located mute/lockout button. And now wants real frequency read out. Likes the Pro M quiet mostly urban/metro performance.

Maybe time to get a new toy to play with, and change out this for the Pro M. The Pro M with rice sized button that has to be pressed hard enough to bend the suction mount, in order to do a manual lockout is real PIA when mounted up high on the windshield.
Join the XP revival army and get one. It's such a great detector to live with!

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Heck yea, if it works for you, run that sucker

FL TITAN

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

View attachment 172554 View attachment 172555
PXL_20210406_232426905.jpg

My uniden R7 running with my Radenso XP....lol 😉 probably going catch hell for running 2 detectors at once. Truth is I have run them at the same time but I don't regularly. The funny thing is is they don't false each other and when I have run them at the same time and encountered a leo running radar they both work. R7 seven always alerts a couple seconds sooner. Just playing around and having fun with stuff that's all... I am aware that if I do have them both on that I'm probably creating interference in some way shape or form so that they're not going to perform to their top capabilities.. like I said I'm just playing around having fun when I'm serious about going somewhere quickly I just run one.

yellowtibby

Intermediate User
Reaction score
View attachment 176595
My uniden R7 running with my Radenso XP....lol 😉 probably going catch hell for running 2 detectors at once. Truth is I have run them at the same time but I don't regularly. The funny thing is is they don't false each other and when I have run them at the same time and encountered a leo running radar they both work. R7 seven always alerts a couple seconds sooner. Just playing around and having fun with stuff that's all... I am aware that if I do have them both on that I'm probably creating interference in some way shape or form so that they're not going to perform to their top capabilities.. like I said I'm just playing around having fun when I'm serious about going somewhere quickly I just run one.
How do you like your XP?

FL TITAN

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I like it. Pretty much reading your post I feel like it does all the same and it does it well. I'm happy with it. A lot of times I'll take it and bring it in my wife's car with me. Overall very happy with it.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
One of its best features is the press on Mute when no signal is present that mutes all of K-band. The "wife" button...lol

EDIT: doesn't have to be a long press; just press mute when no signal present.

Last edited:

yellowtibby

Intermediate User
Reaction score
One of its best features is the long press on Mute when no signal is present that mutes all of K-band. The "wife" button...lol
Highway mode, city mode, wife mode. They should have those sensitivity settings as options on all RDs. 🤣

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Didn't know that, thanks for the tip. I think I'm still running some old software, will have to check it out.
Actually, come to think of it, I don't think it needs to be a long press, just a press on the mute button when there is no K-band signal present.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49