New R7 owner, New Zealand

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looking at getting my us version r7 to a NZ database and firmwire. Any help would be appreciated
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the R7. I believe you'll find it to be a great detector once you get it setup like you want. I know I love the performance mine has given me.
Spend some time getting familiar with the forum. Lots of great and helpful information here. There's a bunch of smart people willing to answer any questions you may have. Jump in the conversations and share your experiences with us.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you can wait a week or two the new R7 International firmware should be ready. I'd prefer to update you once rather than sending you firmware version v128 and then have to update again to v137.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@jaggi13, Welcome to the Forum!! Great choice on the R7.

ThatGuy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm in New Zealand and looking to purchase the Uniden R7 from the USA. My understanding is that obviously the GPS database will be incorrect but also the US edition doesn't have K band segmenting. The USA edition can still detect the Redflex mobile cameras but because there is no K band segmenting it is likely there will be many false alarms as well. Is my understanding correct? I wouldn't want to buy the R7 from USA and find that it couldn't detect the van speed cameras. Clarification and/or advice appreciated.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm in New Zealand and looking to purchase the Uniden R7 from the USA. My understanding is that obviously the GPS database will be incorrect but also the US edition doesn't have K band segmenting. The USA edition can still detect the Redflex mobile cameras but because there is no K band segmenting it is likely there will be many false alarms as well. Is my understanding correct? I wouldn't want to buy the R7 from USA and find that it couldn't detect the van speed cameras. Clarification and/or advice appreciated.

@ThatGuy, it's probably best to pm @jaggi13 to communicate with him about his R7. ;)

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@jaggi13 ,

So does your US R7 currently pickup the mobile radar vans?
All R7 hardware is the same. Yes you are correct no segmentation on the R7 US model, but on K Extended 135 did okay. However, the 137 International platform is the way to go. Obviously, I'm biased as I created it.

philnz

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome,
I use Mitheru's software ,one word -its awesome...

jaggi13

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If you can wait a week or two the new R7 International firmware should be ready. I'd prefer to update you once rather than sending you firmware version v128 and then have to update again to v137.
Hi, sorry been flat out and away from this. Now that I’m back in town, I’m looking at getting my R7 set up. Would appreciate the help 😁
Post automatically merged:

@jaggi13 ,

So does your US R7 currently pickup the mobile radar vans?
Sorry had been away so didn’t get a chance to reply. But I hope @Mithheru answer helped. I’m looking at getting my R7 set up and start using it today so will let you know how it goes in a day or two. Cheers

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
exmeaguy