Uniden R7 International: 137 Preview...

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a new thread for the new R7 International firmware. So please feel free to post questions, comments and feedback here.

The new 2.24 NZ GPS database is also now out for release. The 2.24 gps is especially designed for the new 137 International firmware, but an equivalent version is also available for the LRD950, DFR7, DFR9forNZ, R3 and other R7 versions (US, Int v128, and NZ versions). Going forward, the R7 137 firmware anti-theft personalisation is now embedded. This means it has to be unlocked in a special way before it can be updated. For this reason GPS updates for the 137 will be available separately as these can be installed as normal on Mac or Windows without needing the firmware to be unlocked. A gps update therefore will not overwrite the personalisation.

I'm aiming to get the next version finalised by the end of the month. I think most of the new features are implemented. It just needs a lot of testing and the Anti-theft personalisation display now adding before final release.

Here is a preview of some of the new features:

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It's a pity that only r7 and r3 NZ get decent updates and rR us hopeless with EU users having problems with detection,!
Post automatically merged:

It's a pity that only r7 and r3 NZ get decent updates and r3 us hopeless with EU users having problems with detection,!

Last edited:

philnz

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Nice work ,
loving the 128.128.114 software and cant wait for the update

nzFALCONnz

FORD MUSTANG GT #17
Beginner User
Reaction score
Wow looks awesome. Can’t wait to try it out.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks to @Zakk for his support and help this weekend. I think I've now finished the final build and automated build process and personalisation.

So we also now have "K Blocks" on the menu. So rather than just the one K block, the new version also has additional K Blocks for BSMs of Mazdas, Hondas, and also space to accommodate extra K blocks and/or personalised K blocks for owners with issues with their own BSM. The new K Blocks work independently and also in harmony with the user definable segmentation. Therefore the firmware decides depending how you've segmented whether it also needs all or some of the extra K blocks or not. So for example, even if you run full wide, you can also decide to K Block Mazdas etc. or not.

Likewise @FocusedWest has issues with his Vans BSMs, this falses specifically within 23.97-24.05 segmentation, therefore he will have some customiseded K blocks which should make his R7 more useable for most of his driving.

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks to @Zakk for his support and help this weekend. I think I've now finished the final build and automated build process and personalisation.

So we also now have "K Blocks" on the menu. So rather than just the one K block, the new version also has additional K Blocks for BSMs of Mazdas, Hondas, and also space to accommodate extra K blocks and/or personalised K blocks for owners with issues with their own BSM. The new K Blocks work independently and also in harmony with the user definable segmentation. Therefore the firmware decides depending how you've segmented whether it also needs all or some of the extra K blocks or not. So for example, even if you run full wide, you can also decide to K Block Mazdas etc. or not.

Likewise @FocusedWest has issues with his Vans BSMs, this falses specifically within 23.97-24.05 segmentation, therefore he will have some customiseded K blocks which should make his R7 more useable for most of his driving.
did you focus on r7 and where is r3 ?? when will the update be released?

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Will this RD setting help detect the laser?

Attachments

• IMG_20210221_141602.jpg
    IMG_20210221_141602.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

Porter

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Great features and clearly a lot of time and effort has gone in to this so..... "thank you".......(from those of us in NZ at least)

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So, Official news here... R7 International v137.128.117 is now out for release.

I've done more testing, and have some really great video experiences to share, once I get them uploaded in the next few days.

Please send me a PM for a copy of the new build. This is considered as a free update for those people already on the R7 International v128. However, donations are always welcome. Probably in excess of 100 hours or my time has gone into building this. It's been quite a massive undertaking to get it all working seamlessly with new features carried over from the previous 128 firmware, and many other great features never seen before on any previous R7 version.

No auto lockouts, but really, you'll see why we don't need them! It does however have extra K blocks for BSMs of Hondas, Mazdas etc, and can also be updated with custom K blocks for those people unfortunate enough to need some more (@FocusedWest).

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I've done more testing, and have some really great video experiences to share, once I get them uploaded in the next few days.

Please send me a PM for a copy of the new build. This is considered as a free update for those people already on the R7 International v128. However, donations are always welcome. Probably in excess of 100 hours or my time has gone into building this. It's been quite a massive undertaking to get it all working seamlessly with new features carried over from the previous 128 firmware, and many other great features never seen before on any previous R7 version.

No auto lockouts, but really, you'll see why we don't need them! It does however have extra K blocks for BSMs of Hondas, Mazdas etc, and can also be updated with custom K blocks for those people unfortunate enough to need some more (@FocusedWest).
Are you able to update to uniden r3? donation will fall for it. I need it to detect mrcd in the 23.90 ghz band and laser detection because it has big problems.

did you focus on r7 and where is r3 ?? when will the update be released?
uniden r3 purchased in 2018 https://m.ebay.pl/itm/UNIDEN-R3-EXT...NATIONAL-SHIPPING-EU-US-CA-AU-RU/263219402416 !! here.

Last edited:

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_142130.jpg
    IMG_20210224_142130.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21

FocusedWest

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Top work @Mithheru your hard work has not been un noticed im really looking forward to trialing this out over the next few weeks!

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So here is my testing review of the new firmware version.

Obviously I'm biased, but I think the results speak for themselves really.

Obviously on almost the same day I release the 137 International version. Uniden in the US releases 135 US version. Looks like we share some of the same gps features, but I reckon mine will have the edge on redflex sensitivity and has no real need for auto lockouts.

Last edited:

KiwiRad

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score

Obviously on almost the same day I release the 137 International version. Uniden in the US releases 135 US version. Looks like we share some of the same gps features, but I reckon mine will have the edge on redflex sensitivity and has no real need for auto lockouts.
Awesome, I’m really looking to my sons R7 to arrive - food work, and thanks for your effort . The unbiased review was brilliant

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

@Mithheru and will a colleague to r3 do the same as to r7?

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This R7 version has taken probably in excess of 100hours+ of my time to get built. This is not my day job. I'm currently going to have a break from from updates other than gps and minor fixes.

There's also probably not much point looking at the R3 until I we know the R3 NZ update is just a firmware or hardware thing. I think I would wait now to see what the next US r3 update is going to be. It may will get auto gps lockouts like the US 135 R7. Lets be honest, people in the USA will also be crying out for a K extended option on the R3 like the R7 since we also now know it can be done. All R3s being built in the same factory, so I'm sure there will be a roll out of low K detection needed for both redflex and MCRD on the R3. Once that happens, then there would be a reason to have user definable K segmentation on the R3. But at the moment, the K Narrow (NZ) works pretty well. Lets also not forget my GPS database 2.24 is still miles ahead of the Uniden NZ one. The new R3 NZ on gps is only as good as its gps data.

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This R7 version has taken probably in excess of 100hours+ of my time to get built. This is not my day job. I'm currently going to have a break from from updates other than gps and minor fixes.

There's also probably not much point looking at the R3 until I we know the R3 NZ update is just a firmware or hardware thing. I think I would wait now to see what the next US r3 update is going to be. It may will get auto gps lockouts like the US 135 R7. Lets be honest, people in the USA will also be crying out for a K extended option on the R3 like the R7 since we also now know it can be done. All R3s being built in the same factory, so I'm sure there will be a roll out of low K detection needed for both redflex and MCRD on the R3. Once that happens, then there would be a reason to have user definable K segmentation on the R3. But at the moment, the K Narrow (NZ) works pretty well. Lets also not forget my GPS database 2.24 is still miles ahead of the Uniden NZ one. The new R3 NZ on gps is only as good as its gps data.
@Mithheru do you have updates to r3 nz? or from any download? I'm not interested in the gps database. only mrcd laser detection and pop K 60 m.

@Mithheru even the Beltronics 928i Vector is much better than the R3. why he has what he needs most

Last edited:

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think I would wait now to see what the next US r3 update is going to be. It may will get auto gps lockouts like the US 135 R7
I think we were told auto lockouts would never come to the US R3 (lack of memory etc). Whether this has been upgraded in the new R3 NZ 2021 model with low K scan however ?

KiwiRad

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyz3