Official Highway Radar iOS app development thread

JaySC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Any updates on this project?

I wouldn't expect any for at least a month. Two posts up was JaySC's best guess as of late May - he was shooting for late July, but then things came up and it'll be later than that. If his life and projects go anything like mine, I'd be thinking September at the earliest... :spazface:
I wish you were wrong, but alas you are not. There's even more going on now on the home front due to some late-breaking life changes, but I'm still stoked on this project and hope to be back to more than "a small step every now and then". I imagine that should come in August, maybe early August but no promises, per usual.

Randomdude421

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I wish you were wrong, but alas you are not. There's even more going on now on the home front due to some late-breaking life changes, but I'm still stoked on this project and hope to be back to more than "a small step every now and then". I imagine that should come in August, maybe early August but no promises, per usual.
With the sabre plugin on HR, I will gladly pay $20 to buy this app. I don't want to switch to android. You're a legend.

OhMyVa

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just throwing my support into the ring too. I’ll buy the app as soon as you release.

Curious, are you planning on V1 integration?

Flonase

Course X
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just throwing my support into the ring too. I’ll buy the app as soon as you release.

Curious, are you planning on V1 integration?
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that, since the Android app on which this will share features does not have V1 integration, the iOS one won’t either….

OhMyVa

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Perhaps, but it sounds like he is able to have some liberty in what features he adds. If my V1 can report back to other users via the app, that is a win for everyone. And I believe I saw that Radenso might leverage the same protocol in the future so if a device supports v1 bt api, it could also be integrated. Either way, just happy to see another app for iOS, especially if I can dump Waze.

Might even be able to get some data sharing going on between something like V1Driver to avoid building out the api integration. This app is probably the closest thing iOS will get to the swiss army knife of JBV1

ferius

More arrows please
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that, since the Android app on which this will share features does not have V1 integration, the iOS one won’t either….
Eh... if you're talking about Highway Radar for Android, it actually does have V1 integration. Not as cool as JBV1 has, but the basic feature set is here (alerts delivery, low speed muting, frequency rules, auto lockouts, etc).

OhMyVa

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Eh... if you're talking about Highway Radar for Android, it actually does have V1 integration. Not as cool as JBV1 has, but the basic feature set is here (alerts delivery, low speed muting, frequency rules, auto lockouts, etc).
Cool. I thought it did, but wasn't sure. I haven't turned on my s21 in quite a while ;)

Flonase

Course X
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I stand corrected! Very cool. I thought you had an R7 and so didn’t develop V1 stuff as a result…

roboswap

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just voicing my interest and support here. Huge thanks to @ferius and @JaySC for even being willing to undertake this endeavor. I look forward to paying for all this work you’re putting in, whether it be initial purchase or subscription. Thank you both.

JaySC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Re: V1 support, that's a good question. It would be later on down the road map so I've admittedly not investigated it since I'm trying to keep the priorities focused for the first release. If the API is accessible, I'm very open to building that integration.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livsy