Apple IOS 14.5 Police reports!

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
14.5 has been stable for me. Really liking the face mask unlock feature.
I generally stay away from Beta's on my primary phone (I've been burned, a little).
They can be fine on one release and not the next.
But the face mask unlock feature alone might be worth the risk. I didn't know about that one.

Thanks !!

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

mikeoxlong

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Oh wait, there is a catch. There is, unfortunately, one major caveat: the feature only works if iPhone's owner is also wearing an Apple Watch. Even though I have one I don't always have it on.

https://www.engadget.com/apple-ios-14-5-face-id-mask-fitness-plus-developer-beta-182712559.html
That would be a fantastic option for me. Anything is better than nothing, but when I’m out and about (which is when masks get worn) I pretty much always have my Apple Watch on and of course unlocked.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
That would be a fantastic option for me. Anything is better than nothing, but when I’m out and about (which is when masks get worn) I pretty much always have my Apple Watch on and of course unlocked.
Good point. I'm running 14.5 on my daily now.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good point. I'm running 14.5 on my daily now.
Good, I was going to say if nothing else it will act like normal if you dont have your watch on. My iPhone 11 Pro Max would unlock with my mask on if I was indoors. I think I just got lucky. When I upgraded and "broke" my unlock I was happy to see its back.

JaySC

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I feel like we are going to need to run Apple Maps, Waze, EL in the future all together to cover all of our bases.....or one program that can magically tap into all of them :)
This is a matter of these data aggregators making their data publicly available. Waze of course already does this, and my hope is that Apple will do so as well (if they're going to, I'm assuming they'll do so at their annual developers' conference this summer). I don't know about EL but I plan to eventually look into it.
So what are the possibilities of jbv1 adding apple maps reports to the app when it gets released?
Based on the above.
I’m new to the forums and run iOS only. I know it’s probably been said a million times, by why won’t the developers of JBV1 or Highway Radio, make apps for iOS? I’d gladly pay for them
I'm actually working on creating an iOS version of Highway Radar right now. At this point I have the UI up and crowdsourced police alerts functioning, and I'm currently working on speed limit data and notification. You can follow my efforts in this thread.

frostyfrost

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thank you!
I have 14.5 as well but it's not letting me do facemask unlock because it says my apple watch also needs to be updated, but I am not seeing an available update. Any feedback would be appreciated!

fitz4321

Running With Scissors
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member