Thanks Uniden - Mac user

wellfleetion

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I just got a new MacBook Air yesterday and have been downloading software and getting everything I needed setup and up to date. I've badmouthed Uniden recently over their promised new features and thought I would mention that I appreciate the fact they have their software updated to be compatible with the latest and greatest Mac OS, Big Sur, and it works with the new M1 chip. Others aren't so kind. For example, Harmony/\Logitech remote control software has a warning not to upgrade to Big Sur if you need their desktop software as it is not compatible and that they don't have plans of upgrading things anytime soon. Pretty lame and I'm glad at least Uniden understands their customer base is varied and tries to keep up.

racerx1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just updated my R7 with the latest firmware using my 2015 MacBook (Big Sur). The new app and driver immediately recognized the R7 was connected. Browse for the bin file, update, and done. Couldn't be more simple. Updated user interface is nice too. Well done Uniden -- it is greatly appreciated!

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I could not update the Max 360 with Detector Tools for ios on my iMac so I returned it and used the money to buy a new Valentine. Also have a RL360c and updates are a breeze. Glad updates for your R7 are easily done on your Mac.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude