Ok got the front heads mounted, now...

Sky1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Okay, I got the front heads temporary mounted with fun tac (like credit card glue), my sugru adhesive just arrived from Amazon. After I align and test this location I will use the Sugru. I got the wires run through the firewall and ran them along the console as someone else suggested. Now got to figure out best location for key pad. I think I will do like others suggested and mount the main unit and bluetooth under the drivers seat, led up on the dash in by the pillar and speaker up under the kick pan.
Anyone else who set up a Challenger interior pics are much appreciated.

20210206_171157.jpg

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The heads sure blend in nice!

Next try to find someone to test you. Exciting times.

Sky1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The heads sure blend in nice!

Next try to find someone to test you. Exciting times.
I got impatient trying to find someone with LIDAR unit to I had already bought a PL3 off Ebay and tested that out this morning. Gosh that thing is kinda heavy.
Hope to get it finished tomorrow minus the rear heads. I will run those next week

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is there any room under your center console? If you mount it under the seat it is easily found. Often there is room up around the gearshift or even further forward.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
It might be just me.... but I'm not a fan of the head placement.

The placement might be ok for the rear end.... as that's how my rears is set up on my bumper.... but then again... I'm not backing into a laser trap.

If your cresting a hill, and the guns below you elevation wise, there's a chance your RX heads wont see it in time because it's blocked off at the bottom and recessed so far back.
I also think your too far out, (apart from the other head), that could leave you vulnerable to coverage of your center mass license plate area.

Just my opinion
The best place would be moved up so the heads are slightly protruding the front bumper. That will stick out like a sore thumb due to the white paint.

The 2nd best spot would be mounted under the lip where the engine hood meets that lip... and slightly protruding.
It would be somewhat hidden. It would be able to see lidar hits as your cresting a hill better. For closer shots, it would be able to better see front plate shots and flash back at jamming them.

I had a 2010 SRT8 Challenger... so I planned where I was going to place the jammer heads to work the best.... even though I didn't put them on that car... and have since sold it.

There's a saying we use when considering how to make the jammer systems work the best.

"Stealth the car first. Not the install"

Once you figure out the best placement to JTG.... then worry about how to hide it.

Sky1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was originally going to put them just under the lip but was very obtrusive. I was then going to mount the RX heads in the lower grille cutting one vertical rib they would fit inside the grille and should work pretty good to protect my splitter from hitting a curb but wasn't sure if it would reflect off pavement being kinda low. I wish ALP would give me a maintenance mode to test them without my car moving.
I have some spacers I can put under them and raise the RX heads up an inch two.
Still need to get someone to test with.

I also screwed up by leaving my extra slack in the car instead of by the front of the car so I have to fix that if moving the heads much. Also the TX sensor had a yellow label I should have removed before installing. Can see it when I look into the grill now.
I mounted the keypad just above my console, do I need the separate LED if I can see the LED on the keypad?

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I know the interior is a dark cave.... with the sunroof shade closed.... but I would suggest putting the LED in the speedo or Tach.

Easier to see out of the corner of your eye.... especially when it’s sunny out.

You can set the LED to auto dim so it’s bright during the day light.... and much dimmer in the dark. It kind of works with your gps timer. Bright from 7 am
To 7 pm then dim.

I like the light blue hue in my instrument cluster or the bright Red... or Yellow when hit.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
I know the interior is a dark cave.... with the sunroof shade closed.... but I would suggest putting the LED in the speedo or Tach.

Easier to see out of the corner of your eye.... especially when it’s sunny out.

You can set the LED to auto dim so it’s bright during the day light.... and much dimmer in the dark. It kind of works with your gps timer. Bright from 7 am
To 7 pm then dim.

I like the light blue hue in my instrument cluster or the bright Red... or Yellow when hit.
Second speedo or tach. BOTH my instslls are there for the External LED.

Benzr

Sky1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
We just finished testing the ALP front sensors with a PL3 JTG every time! :)
Video coming!

Sky1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don't have the remote LED mounted yet but realize the Keyboard LED flashes Blue no matter what it seems. I thought it would do what it says in the config page but apparently that is just for the other LED. I need to put some tint or something over that.
Post automatically merged:

never mind, I found the dim option in the configurator

Last edited:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nicely done! They blend in very well.

There are plenty of configuration options on the HiFi without having to plug into a computer or BT.

As for the video, it seems like you have a bit of a YT following. We generally try and keep videos (especially JTG) off of the public side of youtube. The common practice Is to post the video as unlisted, and share the link to this website only.

Obviously it's your call to do what you wish, but I just thought I'd let you know as you are a new user.

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@Sky1 please be judicious as to where you share a video.
Please don't poke the bear or give the bear information as to what to look for.

Sky1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@Sky1 please be judicious as to where you share a video.
Please don't poke the bear or give the bear information as to what to look for.
Yeah was thinking about that... I will not use key words

Last edited:

Sky1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
He just wanted to thank his subscribers.... so obviously didn’t intend to.

Who tested this guy?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikelonghair