New Acquisition of My Uniden R7

Spectre356

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I recently acquired my 2nd RD, a Uniden R7.
So far I am EXTREMELY happy with this RD!
I really like the OLED display & the numerous options you have for choosing the color (s) of the specific display options.

With respect to sensitivity/range, excuse my French, but this RD will pick up a mouse fart a mile away! Of course you can trim things back by using the highway/city modes.

Experiences that I have had with the RD in the short time I have had it have been fantastic! Yeah, I have had some false positives, but that was due to the fact that I was operating in highway mode with everything thing wide open. But it was during this time I had my best KA band hit I have ever had. The RD functioned flawlessly as it started alerting me to the KA band biggie, it started to ramp up it alert tones as I approached the source of the the biggie, but the thing that really impressed me was I could NOT find/see the police car that was running the radar! But my RD sniffed it out with no problem!

I was within the speed limit, so I wasn't worried about being pulled over, but the important thing is if I had been speeding, I would have received a speeding ticket.

So I I can say that the R7 saved the day for me and I am very pleased with the performance of this RD.

My other RD is the Radenso Pro M, in my opinion another very fine RD.

As I rebuild my RD collection, I am setting my sights on the V2 G2.

I'm planning a road trip this weekend 2/6/21, I plan on testing both of my detectors, I will report my experience with the group when I get back.

Best Regards
Spectre356

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Looking forward to your findings. Thank you in advance for your time!

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I really like the OLED display & the numerous options you have for choosing the color (s) of the specific display options.

With respect to sensitivity/range, excuse my French, but this RD will pick up a mouse fart a mile away! Of course you can trim things back by using the highway/city modes.

Experiences that I have had with the RD in the short time I have had it have been fantastic! Yeah, I have had some false positives, but that was due to the fact that I was operating in highway mode with everything thing wide open. But it was during this time I had my best KA band hit I have ever had. The RD functioned flawlessly as it started alerting me to the KA band biggie, it started to ramp up it alert tones as I approached the source of the the biggie, but the thing that really impressed me was I could NOT find/see the police car that was running the radar! But my RD sniffed it out with no problem!

I was within the speed limit, so I wasn't worried about being pulled over, but the important thing is if I had been speeding, I would have received a speeding ticket.

So I I can say that the R7 saved the day for me and I am very pleased with the performance of this RD.

I'm planning a road trip this weekend 2/6/21, I plan on testing both of my detectors, I will report my experience with the group when I get back.

Best Regards
Spectre356
Glad you're finding what many of us R7 users know. It's just a phenomenal detector. Keep us informed about your experiences with it.

Spectre356

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Glad you're finding what many of us R7 users know. It's just a phenomenal detector. Keep us informed about your experiences with it.
I'm looking forward to the " hunt" on this road trip. I'm going to see a very good friend/brother. I'm giving him an R7 as gift, he doesn't know it though, he thinks it's just to show him my new car. Should be a great day!

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the R7 club...lol. I love mine and when auto lock outs are added, it will be even better. Mine is blendmounted under the mirror and I find myself looking at the speed displayed there more than my speedo.

snomad

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the club! R7 is a great detector. Many of us run it and are very satisfied
with it. Great range and as said prior when/if auto lockouts are available it will be stellar.

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the overview. I've been waiting for Theia to pull the trigger on a new one (between RL360, R7, or V1G2) and the reviews on the R7 continue to tempt me. I may need to just move forward soon, especially if the price on Amazon drops again.

Izzyrd

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome fellow R7 user!

d0190535

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
Just got mine as well and have it mounted using the Radeon Visor mount, really liked the upgrade. Hope you enjoy yours!

jeff20101

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the club! R7 is a great detector. Many of us run it and are very satisfied
with it. Great range and as said prior when/if auto lockouts are available it will be stellar.
Hi guys,I got my r7 back in dec 2020.So far its amazing.I just upgraded to firmware 135 with the auto lockouts,amazing how much quieter it is now with false alerts.The bsm filtering is really good now.I still use my 10 yr old redline for driving thru Virginia just to be safe.

ZaslonV1G2

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm very impressed with my R7. I'm still playing around with getting K sensitivity where I like it because a few departments near me still have some K units still out there.
Every small town dept in NH still uses K band

Silberwing

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Best Regards
Spectre356
That's great news for a brand new R7 owner, thanks.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garlandbob