Vancity Testing January 30, 2021

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
On Saturday we had a number of Vancouver members come out to test different setups. We had @Smason @Jdem @Twi7ch @Maz3, as well as @DC Fluid, @jcp and @rotamax. Missing this time was @Run4donut @G37X Jockey. (DC Fluid’s first test after setup)

Guns used were two DE Compact’s, FW not disclosed. Temperature was around 43F/6C, intermittent rain, testing started around 12:30pm, all speeds were 30K minimum. ALP’s were all set to unlimited/test modes. Test course was approx. 2000ft, flat road no obstructions no sign reflections. Front shots and rear shots were done if setup (we don’t get many rear shots here). Note ALP CPU’s had temporary issues which were reset before testing. TMG with VPR head was used on rear of smason’s car. Most HL shots were to other edges. All distances in feet. Enjoy and feel free to comment.

CarSetupRunFrontRear
4VW Golf MK7ALP Front, 2 Rx/1Tx1193 DHL341 PTL
ALP Rear 1 Rx/1Tx2183 CMJTG
3JTG249 PTL
4180 DHL246 DTL
5JTGJTG
CarSetupRunFrontRear
Ford 150ALP Front, 2 Rx & 2 Tx1197 DHLn/a
2140 PHL
3JTG
4JTG
5167 CM
6131 DHL
CarSetupRunFrontRear
Toyota SupraALP Front, 3 Rx1JTG102 PTL
ALP Rear, 1 Rx/1Tx2JTGJTG
3688 DHLJTG
4JTGJTG
5JTG370 PTL
6678 CMJTG
CarSetupRunFrontRear
Audi S4ALP Front, 3 Rx1JTGn/a
2JTG
3JTG
4JTG
5JTG
6JTG
CarSetupRunFrontRear
Nissan 240ZALP Front, 2 Rx 1 Tx1262 DHLJFG
TMG Rear, 2 Gen 2, 1 VPR2JTGJFG
3JTGJFG
CarSetupRunFrontRear
Nissan MaximaALP Front, 2 Rx 1 Tx1JTGn/a
2JTG
3255 DHL
4246 PHL
5JTG
6JTG
CarSetupRunFrontRear
Mazda C5ALP Front, 2 Rx/1 Tx1JTGJTG
ALP Rear, 2 Rx/1 Tx2408 PHLJTG
3337 DHL225 DTL
4311JTG
5JTGJTG

Last edited:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wow that's a lot of testing! I'm glad to see so many people had a chance to test their vehicles. :) Thanks for sharing the results with us!

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Were those rear shots JTG or JFG? If they’re really JTG, remind me not to let you guys ever drive my car. 😂

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
In your notes you state speeds were 30mph +.
I didn't get the memo, and I did my runs (F150) all at 40 kph.
I don't know what difference that would make to the results.
More time for the shooter to try to punch through?
Thank you for posting this up and I hope to time another trip to do it again sooner than later!

asleeper

Advanced User
Reaction score
I'll be the first to say it but that's good outing by TMG on the rear, JTG. One take away from this test is the difficulty of getting JTG/JFG on a DE even with an ALP 2RX/TX combo although interestingly enough the 3RX setup was JTG.

Did you test each vehicle with both DEC's and was there a difference in performance?

Either way thanks for the testing, the more data the better.

Last edited:

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
In your notes you state speeds were 30mph +.
I didn't get the memo, and I did my runs (F150) all at 40 kph.
I don't know what difference that would make to the results.
More time for the shooter to try to punch through?
Thank you for posting this up and I hope to time another trip to do it again sooner than later!
Probably should say 30kmh as thats the minimum ALP with GPS will be active at. So you were totally fine. We didn’t trigger until after you had reached that threshold.

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Interesting that 3 of an RX produced solid performance with the absence of a TX.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Probably should say 30kmh as thats the minimum ALP with GPS will be active at. So you were totally fine. We didn’t trigger until after you had reached that threshold.
Does a faster test vehicle make it more difficult to get a punch through by giving the DE less time to work on getting a reading?
Or more time for the shooter to move around?
Asking for a friend myself.. LOL.

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Does a faster test vehicle make it more difficult to get a punch through by giving the DE less time to work on getting a reading?
Or more time for the shooter to move around?
Asking for a friend myself.. LOL.
When I got tested I literally locked cruise on the required speed to trigger my system. I wanted the shooter to have every opportunity to get me lol.

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'll be the first to say it but that's good outing by TMG on the rear, JTG. One take away from this test is the difficulty of getting JTG/JFG on a DE even with an ALP 2RX/TX combo although interestingly enough the 3RX setup was JTG.

Did you test each vehicle with both DEC's and was there a difference in performance?

That’s my question. How does 3 RX perform that well!?!
Post automatically merged:

That’s my question. How does 3 RX perform that well!?

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the great testing guys! I know how hard it is to get those TMG's to work in the back, trust me!

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score

I suspect the relatively small front profile certainly played a positive role in the 3 Rx setup.

All vehicles were shot by both DE Compacts. Many of the PTs were obtained poking at extremities that in practice wouldn't be reasonable targets, vs direct headlights and CM/licence plates.

We were being as tough as possible on the installs. The constant unknown is what algo the gun is shooting on each shot.

There's no silver bullets for all vehicles and situations IMHO.

Last edited:

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm as shocked as all you guys are with the triple Rx results. I'm running FW 5.5.8 since I have a older CPU HW2 too 😂. @Jdem tested my system right after I finished my install a few months ago and the results were not nearly as good. This time around my setup crushed it 😎

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In the real world these setups look mostly JTG/JFG. I think PT's at under 300' aren't where LEO's get their 1st readings, and if you're not down to PSL by that distance then you're really not paying attention to the game.

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
In the real world these setups look mostly JTG/JFG. I think PT's at under 300' aren't where LEO's get their 1st readings, and if you're not down to PSL by that distance then you're really not paying attention to the game.
I mean you are definitely right. But who wouldn’t want the trophy 🏆 for being the perfect setup lol?

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm surprised that under 200ft it seems like I would be almost running over the pedestrian in the street at 40 kph.
That's not much distance, I'm too used to counting down in meters now. LOL

edconline

PSL++
Advanced User
Reaction score
And here I am feeling quite the opposite in Edmonton. Exposed AF at those ranges to DET photo, literally all the time. Ask me how I know 🤣

Some pretty decent results there for sure, but ALP needs to step up their development. Time for more new HW.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761