Theia future features potential

Smirnoff

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@MASI You still with us? Is your project still alive?

Ranger ran into some rule breaking danger. . . ...

200.gif

Last edited:

Sean

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Over Promise and Under Deliver (OPUD?) Never, never, never!

I think OPUD (pronounced Ohhhhh PUD) is something best left to the company that Over Promised you a revolutionary AI detector in 2020, but then Under Delivered.
Cute, but remember how America went nuts when people discovered Waze could show where police were and how that was really, really, bad? I expect Ranger will get hit with worse and be banned. Not to mention, I'd be surprised if 12% of emergency services in the USA used vehicle tracking. We'll see though.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Whoa - you can load your own distro on this thing?

If I can run Tensorflow *on device*, a whole lot of possibilities get opened up. Correlating RD signals against manual reports at scale could produce the first truly self-reinforcing countermeasures model.

You can definitely run tensorflow lite on the device, and load your own distro if you want.

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
You can definitely run tensorflow lite on the device, and load your own distro if you want.
I appreciate the way Jon at Radenso often responds to members questions about Theia and their other products. I haven't seen that much attention from other manufacturers represented here. That's one reason I have patience and high hopes for Theia. Feel free to object.

astronuts

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Pretty sure this Ranger thing is vaporware by a troll. There isn’t enough bandwidth on the P25 systems to support modern data hogs like laptops. Previously MDTs were on the trunked system but were very limited in functionality, now they are laptops with a VPN connection that’s encrypted for LEADS/CJIS. I have mentioned previously that a friend discovered OSHP had a data channel that was broadcasting the car’s location, but I believe it was only on the uplink. I’m pretty sure this was rectified.
Now, there is only one thing I can think of. The cruisers are all (to my knowledge) outfitted with a CradlePoint so they can remove their laptop to fill out a report close to their vehicle. Like any hotspot they are broadcasting their SSID on WiFi. I have a pretty robust Ubiquiti network at home and I can see a list stored of any AP that’s passed through my block. I see cars built in hotspots, and CradlePoints show up all the time as vehicles pass. Problem is a lot of other industry use CradlePoints too, so...

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cajuncwby30