DrHow

Going Plaid+ (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Vortex was pretty ho-hum about the GT360, his least favorite of the Max platform
He has valid points about the features of the GT falling short of the Max.
However there has been firmware updates and a few different features included in the DualPro that can increase it's appeal.
Performance will be similar. BSM remains to be seen after more controlled comparisons.
It's hard to get over the tiny in display arrows on the DualPro when in a direct comparison with a Max.
Cosmetic appeal only holds so much weight in an evaluation.
Price is where things get interesting..
If DualPro can regularly be 399 or 369, then new with warranty price for it's performance is outstanding. Max 360c still asks for way too much money IMO, and the Max 360 would need to be much closer to 400 dollars to be a winner against a DP.
I guess we'll wait and see, I really believe the DualPro to be a Max 3 competitor, arrows or increased range for the same money.
Of course the Max 3 has taken itself out of contention for now with it's glitches.
V did not spend the time I have with the GT360. It won me over back then, and today. Like your DP won you over (For what it is). It just plain works, have great mounting system, audio tones, nice 360 display, and all the other items you all like about the DP. The range is in the top tier.

Today it surprised me with off axis reception from the rear antenna. without going into a boring detail about this example, I was sitting still at 90 degrees to the far out approaching moving ISP LEO (34.7). GT had him tagged approaching from the rear way-way as I was moving same direction. I got off the exit, turned left. This is one of those goofy crisscross overpass. Got caught at the cross back light at far side of bridge. I waited and kept sharp eye to the left for ISP to catch up, go under the overpass and keep going. Which happened. The arrow showed the back, and the dual antenna signal display showed some front antenna reception. Especially as ISP went under bridge, and front picked up some reflection off buildings.

All this happened while I was surrounded by one Odyssey family truckster, and several other vehicles sitting or going by that had BSM. Not one K band peep. Consider this another success for the GT.

Cobra Kai

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
V did not spend the time I have with the GT360. It won me over back then, and today. Like your DP won you over (For what it is). It just plain works, have great mounting system, audio tones, nice 360 display, and all the other items you all like about the DP. The range is in the top tier.

Today it surprised me with off axis reception from the rear antenna. without going into a boring detail about this example, I was sitting still at 90 degrees to the far out approaching moving ISP LEO (34.7). GT had him tagged approaching from the rear way-way as I was moving same direction. I got off the exit, turned left. This is one of those goofy crisscross overpass. Got caught at the cross back light at far side of bridge. I waited and kept sharp eye to the left for ISP to catch up, go under the overpass and keep going. Which happened. The arrow showed the back, and the dual antenna signal display showed some front antenna reception. Especially as ISP went under bridge, and front picked up some reflection off buildings.

All this happened while I was surrounded by one Odyssey family truckster, and several other vehicles sitting or going by that had BSM. Not one K band peep. Consider this another success for the GT.

I agree, having seen his review twice his gripes about the GT-360 having bad arrow transitions were likely a firmware issue, and the rest was honestly just preference. I've been quite vocal about how I prefer the DP360/GT-360 display/arrows over the M360. Granted when the GT-360 first hit the shelves it was quite pricey...

Well according to his Facebook he finishes his testing and "can't wait to report his findings". I'm stoked too! Maybe the DP360 did horrible, maybe it did great. We'll see.

Knowing my luck he probably posted it already and @DC Fluid will let me know once the 10 minute edit window lapses.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I agree, having seen his review twice his gripes about the GT-360 having bad arrow transitions were likely a firmware issue, and the rest was honestly just preference. I've been quite vocal about how I prefer the DP360/GT-360 display/arrows over the M360. Granted when the GT-360 first hit the shelves it was quite pricey...

Well according to his Facebook he finishes his testing and "can't wait to report his findings". I'm stoked too! Maybe the DP360 did horrible, maybe it did great. We'll see.

Knowing my luck he probably posted it already and @DC Fluid will let me know once the 10 minute edit window lapses.
Nope, I'm working 10-14 hours days in a no cell or internet zone this week. :ughh:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49