Leo's are deleting Waze alerts

TonyPHX

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have no doubts people and police (see what I did there) are gaming the Waze system. The beauty is in the community confirmation of reporting and yes, the people gaming it have a lower trust index by the platform.

Really looking forward to Apple Maps take on this with 14.5 to see how their behaviors work.

olemil

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I put the cart before the horse when I starting using JBV1 in standalone mode as a CM with my RL360C. I discovered that I liked JBV1 so much that I actually purchased a V1G2 to pair with it. ;) :rofl:
Funny you mentioned this, I have been thinking about doing the same thing....even looking at cheap android phone to use with jbv1 since I am an ios user.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned this, I have been thinking about doing the same thing....even looking at cheap android phones to use with jbv1 since I am an ios user.

I'm also an iOS user and wanted to try out Highway Radar and JBV1. I purchased an unlocked Moto G Power phone on Amazon and simply pair it to my iPhone's hotspot. After trying both apps, I finally settled on JBV1. The rest is history. ;)

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Not new.
They also report themselves in one spot, and then scurry to a different spot once they get people to speed up.
Sneaky little devils aren't they?

Jaguar

PSL +15
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
"The Waze app itself also has safeguards built in to thwart tampering. As the app uses the smartphone’s GPS service, the software can tell if the user is in the correct area and in motion at the time of a report. Waze also suspends users who file too many false reports"

bluesxturbo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Here is something I've observed during a busy commute home during rush hour traffic. I saw an alert popped up with police in the medium, drove about another mile or so, the alert actually disappeared, then few seconds later, it reappeared again. Here is what I found out, LEOs can delete the alerts, but if we get more thumbs up, it will overwrite the LEOs actions, and eventually the LEOs waze app will be banned, I believe it's 5 consecutive times of fake reporting or deleting.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tishkyyyd4