JBV1 user mark / GPS database export or playback questions

TGurnie

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to radar detectors overall. I have installed JBV1 and am using it in standalone mode now and will be getting soon a RD, either a V1 Gen 2 or an Uniden R7. I will be using JBV1 to mark hazards, unlisted RLCs, speedcams, etc and have the unit remind me of them when I am driving back in the area. Is there a way to export the database of these locations, or at least list them or somehow play them back so I can confirm the locations or get an idea of how many locations I've saved? I want to be able to keep or backup a list of these locations in case I have to reinstall the app or switch phones (or if I want to simply use JBV1 on another device). I want at least to be able to see these locations in some sort of list, I don't necessarily need now to back them up or restore them to JBV1 but I think that would be a helpful feature to have.

It doesn't appear that this is possible by design, though settings themselves can be backed up and restored. I've searched the forum and haven't found anything that seems to directly refer to doing this. If this isn't currently possible by design, would it be easy for me to access in backups the update utility may create for the R7? I can program a little in Python, if needed and if it isn't too difficult and the user settings database isn't encrypted (or accessing it discouraged) I wouldn't mind trying a little coding to get this information.

midd

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First and First, the Nexus of the Universe
It's already built in....

TGurnie

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks! I knew JBV1 had some ability to backup information to the cloud, I didn't know if it would include exactly what I was looking for, saved or marked locations.

If that is backed up, I don't suppose that this time there's any way for me to read the backed up information and get my saved locations out of the backed up database (es). The information that can be backed up is described as database, settings, profiles, and sweeps.

Just to confirm, user marked locations are backed up when the database is backed up and are restorable to the V1 detector, but there's currently no way for users to read or extract that information otherwise?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
All user marks are stored in the app database and cannot be exported. They're not associated with a V1 in any way.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vader716