Interested in getting an R7, user mark / GPS database export or playback questions

TGurnie

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to radar detector's overall. I am interested in getting an R7 and making use of the feature to mark hazards, speedcams, etc and have the unit remind me of them when I am driving back in the area. Is there a way to export the database of these locations, or at least list them or somehow play them back so I can confirm the locations or get an idea of how many locations I've saved? I want to be able to keep or backup a list of these locations in case I have to reset or replace the unit, or if I switch detectors. I have searched the forum here and have found references to updating the red light camera database but I didn't find anything on the user created database. Is anything like this possible by design, or would it be easy for me to access in backups the update utility may create for the R7?

Jamienbaker

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Unfortunately not, which makes life difficult should your detector crap out for some reason...you'll have to start from scratch. What you (and I) need is a detector that uploads these details to the cloud. We have three Unidens across three cars, and I'd love to mark a location on one unit and have it push to the other two.

TGurnie

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Uploading the information to the cloud is one way to do it, and a good way to get an automatic or more or less permanent record, but It could also be made a part of the firmware backup process, if it would save GPS locations in CSV or GPX format. I may not be using those acronyms correctly but I think readers here will know what I mean and hopefully uniden is reading this too. :)

vanlieremead

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Another reason to do this to to clean up my lockouts. I find myself setting several for the same signpost so I'd delete the closer-in ones to the sign to leave the out radius - if I understand how lockets work.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmmch65