what recommended options on ALP?

jmg

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I just picked up a radenso rc m, and about to pull the trigger on an ALP
I have a '18 trackhawk, drive in NY suburbs, also in the city (usually at the PSL in the City), and up and down the east coast on road trips, up to mass, down maybe to SC.

I'm thinking of getting:
  • CPU with basic wired controller
  • Front sensors: 2 regular + 1 tx
  • rear: undecided... either (1) none, or (2) 1 regular + 1 tx or (3) 2 regular
  • bluetooth
  • GPS

Does this sound about right for my setup?
On the rear sensors, I'm only waffling becuase I'd really like to keep this under $2k, from what I've read most uses for lidar target the front f the car, so I'm not sure rear coverage is really worth it and if it is, if I really need the TX sensor. Anyway, thoughts appreciated.

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You have the option to use the radenso controller in place of the Alp controller if you want, or you can leave the systems separate. The front 2rx and 1tx should do just fine. rear shots aren't terribly common most places, but they can happen in some areas (places like GA they are pretty common, intermittantly in FL) two RX heads would cover the back fine against everything except DE, if you need solid rear Dragoneye coverage then you would want two RX and 1 tx back there. You always have the option to start with the front and then add sensors on the back down the road, even running one sensor on the back would probably provide some protection as long as the shooter doesn't shoot from too close up.

jmg

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
ok.. on the controller, does that mean I don't need to buy the ALP controller, or are you referring to the bridge wire?
I already bought the wire, I like the idea of running everything from the radenso, but I assumed I still had to buy both controllers?
I'm leaning towards 1 normal, 1 TX sensor in the rear, if I need more in the future I'll add in.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have a '18 trackhawk, drive in NY suburbs, also in the city (usually at the PSL in the City), and up and down the east coast on road trips, up to mass, down maybe to SC.

I'm thinking of getting:
  • bluetooth
  • GPS

On the rear sensors, I'm only waffling becuase I'd really like to keep this under $2k, from what I've read most uses for lidar target the front f the car, so I'm not sure rear coverage is really worth it and if it is, if I really need the TX sensor. Anyway, thoughts appreciated.
Great choice on the RCM Remote.

IMHO much quieter than my other Net Remote.

Yeah the ALPs will do ya good.

The Question is can you even get the TX installed on your front. There must be 21" from the ground. Else it is 3 RX for you !! FRONT.

POST A PIC OF A SIMILAR car of yours and we can suggest mounting locations.

Benzr

jmg

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
it's a 2018 trackhawk... basically a grand cherokee, I think dropped 1" from stock.
Post automatically merged:

I think there's plenty of room in the front, right under the vertical slats, there's a bunch of horizontal slats, higher than 21". Lots of access in the front, the super charger needs lots of airflow :)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk 4dr 4x4 Pictures (autoblog.com)

I pulled the trigger on 2rx / 1tx up front, 1rx/1tx in the rear. Debating whether to add another rx in the rear.

Last edited:

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Get Hifi and ditch bluetooth

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Get Hifi and ditch bluetooth
If he is going to integrate it with the RCM the HiFi is meaningless since he will not be using the controller.

Sky1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I'm thinking of getting:
  • bluetooth
  • GPS

I called them yesterday for my Challenger, they said 2 regular 1 tx for the front, one regular one tx for the back.
Your mileage may vary, as far as options I ordered the same stuff you mentioned. bluetooth, speaker gps etc.
Also ordered a tester, came to over 2 grand

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John RD