Safer Turn engine braking stop light system

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don’t ride anymore, but that didn’t stop Facebook from showing me an ad for this system, and I found it interesting. Thought I’d share here.

Basically it’s a module that will activate the brake light when engine braking on a bike, either flashing or solid depending on your preference. It’s supposed to help cagers recognize that you’re slowing down even though you aren’t actually applying either brake. Seems like a smart idea if it works with your make/model. Looks like it’s $60 with a lifetime warranty (which it ought to have anyway since it’s super simple) from their site when using the code LIFETIME30.

I know some people prize the idea of slowing during an encounter without activating the brake light—to the point where there is occasional debate regarding brake light kill switches. I can kinda understand that, but I think on a bike it’s way more important more often to keep idiots off your tail.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
IMO, I like this idea. Nobody is going to see you anyways, because nobody ever sees motorcycles, but at least this buys you the chance that someone might notice you slowing down.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This would never work for Harley drivers, they're always on and off the throttle just so they can hear their own engine Roar!

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Excellent idea. Motorcycles need all the visibility help they can get.

wjbertrand

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've got their IMU based turn signal canceling device. Works really well.

gwing

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I ride a 983 lb motorcycle with more lights than an average bike and still no one sees me. I sit as high as an suv driver and I dress in all the flashiest colors (orange, yellow, etc) and I'm invisible. Maybe I need to add a POPO light bar front and rear :)

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Like an F1 car letting off and regenerating battery! Blinking rear light to warn!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pvivier777