Which detector has the best range, regardless of price??

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you get it out of the box and stick it on your windshield...then power it up and go for a drive.

I'm also wondering how they react with filtering on.
My opinion is the R7, I have both the R7 and G1V2 and as you described above I would say R7

Randomdude421

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Probably something like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bank_Telescope

0.1-116 GHz operating range so it covers police K, Ka, and even X. I would guess it could detect a Stalker II being fired in its direction from the surface of the Moon. Unfortunately it's way too big to put in a car.
what about something in between though? I wouldn't mind getting a larger RD, at least 3x the size of the average if it meant I would get KA alerts at least 3-4 miles in advance every single time.

knight_man

I wanna go fast
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The center of the National Radio Quiet Zone has got to be a strange place nowadays. I'm assuming cell phones don't work there and you may have even had to switch off the WiFi and Bluetooth on your phone to avoid transmitting anything?
West Virginia is always a strange place. We are just trying to keep the tourists out.

I have to chime in that my gen2 was definitely superior in KA range for me than the R7 (tough terrain), but the R7 definitely had the edge on K.. All field use testing; nothing scientific, just experience, observations, and feelings.

The Redline360, the jury is still out - so far, I'm not really impressed. Maybe it will blow me away before it gets sent off. According to testing, though, and a handful of seasoned members here, it stands among the ranks of the R7 and V1g2 on both bands.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49