Auto start not working recently

Raistlin

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Auto start was working great for a while, once in a while it wouldn't work but it has been pretty consistent. Last few times driving the app will not auto start at all, even after I launch it and then leave the car and come back it will not auto start even with the app still in my recent apps. Pixel 4XL on the latest OS and I have not changed any settings in the app.

Any ideas what to check or do get this working again?
Thanks

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Which auto start method are you using?

Raistlin

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Tried rebooting the phone? Usually solves my auto start issues.
Which auto start method are you using?
I usually end up rebooting weekly but that is a good question, not sure if I have since this started and will try that.

Originally using the V1 connection auto start, I then also added the BT connection to my car to auto start. But I left on the V1 auto start, should that be turned off for the other method to work properly?

Usually if the app doesn't auto start at first once I launch it, it auto starts from that point forward. It is not even doing that now, and I have batter optimization turned off for the app also.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Do you let the app auto quit when V1 turns off? If you manually quit, auto start on V1 is temporarily disabled until after next manual start. If you kill it from recents, it can't configure itself to auto start next time.

I'd use only V1 auto start and turn all other methods off.

89q2hiu54warefs

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I've had JBV1 sometimes not connect via bluetooth, it'll autostart normally and then lose connection. Due to how I have my V1G2 wired up, it takes 2 seconds to cycle power to it with a button press. Just curious if anyone else notices this, I'm thinking it's not the app though.

Raistlin

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Do you let the app auto quit when V1 turns off? If you manually quit, auto start on V1 is temporarily disabled until after next manual start. If you kill it from recents, it can't configure itself to auto start next time.

I'd use only V1 auto start and turn all other methods off.
I don't close the app manually, I removed the BT car option and rebooted phone and that seemed to work. Sorry for the fire drill, I should have know better about rebooting.

But at first after rebooting it didn't auto start, I had to manually start first but since then auto start has been working. This does happen randomly unfortunately.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I don't close the app manually, I removed the BT car option and rebooted phone and that seemed to work. Sorry for the fire drill, I should have know better about rebooting.

But at first after rebooting it didn't auto start, I had to manually start first but since then auto start has been working. This does happen randomly unfortunately.
It takes a couple minutes or so after booting the phone for the auto start service to be started.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YepItsAHoopty