R7 update question

bgkoi

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey guys. I recently acquired the R7 and noticed the firmware is not up to date. I’m about to update it to v1.33 but I noticed there’s a new database update. Do I have to download that as well? Thank you.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hey guys. I recently acquired the R7 and noticed the firmware is not up to date. I’m about to update it to v1.33 but I noticed there’s a new database update. Do I have to download that as well? Thank you.

Yes. Install the firmware update first and then go back and install the new database.

bgkoi

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yes. Install the firmware update first and then go back and install the new database.
Appreciate your help as always @jestric
Post automatically merged:

I just tried to install the update but I noticed the driver is only for Mac OS. Does anyone know if I can install it with Macintosh?

Last edited:

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I just tried to install the update but I noticed the driver is only for Mac OS. Does anyone know if I can install it with Macintosh?

Uniden just updated the driver and program for the Mac so that it works with Big Sur. The original program for Windows still works fine (you'll need to scroll down the page to find it).

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extract0r