Scottsdale Redflex Question

TonyPHX

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Does anyone have a system or know of a way to know where Redflex vans will be parked in Scottsdale this weekend? I want to drive by and test my 1.6 firmware on the R360c this weekend. @Mad Hatter, any thoughts?

I am itching to see what the detection range is now post update.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
When I read this, I immediately thought about how it would be nice if they would post online the locations they'll be at in advance, just like food trucks typically do on Twitter and Facebook. :D

In actuality, sometimes local PD have announced their presence in advance for extra speed enforcement in areas near schools and parks. Part of me believes this is mostly just "damage control" and them trying to win back favor from those who say the cops never do anything about speeders in those spots, as they never announce it any other time.

Alas, I digress. I don't have any helpful information to add about RedFlex in Scottsdale.

Mad Hatter

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Those vans in Scottsdale aren’t Redflex, they’re made by ATS/Verra Mobility, and they use different tech than RF. You need to have MRCD turned on using an R series. I don’t know if they’re MRCD or MRCT since it doesn’t distinguish.

If you want Redflex, as of earlier today in PV there’s one parked on southbound Tatum just south of Doubletree. No idea if it will still be there this weekend.

MrCheese

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have the 1.6 loaded and face Redflex everyday. It will struggle to detect, using the camera database is better. MRCD on the other hand, it failed in 1.4 and doing very well with 1.6.

TonyPHX

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Those vans in Scottsdale aren’t Redflex, they’re made by ATS/Verra Mobility, and they use different tech than RF. You need to have MRCD turned on using an R series. I don’t know if they’re MRCD or MRCT since it doesn’t distinguish.

If you want Redflex, as of earlier today in PV there’s one parked on southbound Tatum just south of Doubletree. No idea if it will still be there this weekend.
Thank you! Gonna try tomorrow then. It is White Castle time and testing time. : ) I guess when I think vans I blame Redflex for all that crap, but thanks for educating me on ATS/Verra. Funny, I remember a ticket from ATS one time that I hassled them back so much they removed it, and I never did pay.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadBundy