Redline 360c fw 1.6 'Firehouse Course' Ka 34.7 Testing, 1-20-21

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First off, let me say, "I love this update!" I know this is only one test and one data point, but I'm super excited about Version 1.6. I can't wait for the bench testing to see what the actual results are for the new response time this firmware gives us. I'm curious to see what running Wide vs "2, 5, 8" vs "2, 4, 5, 6, 8" show now as far as reactivity.
From my two test runs, it feels like the reaction time has been improved. My guess is, the new firmware is allowing the R360c to sniff out the brief weaker signals that exist at greater distances. I was able to do two runs with Version 1.4, update the detector and then do two runs with Version 1.6.
The results are below. I was running segs "2, 4, 5, 6, 8" for all the runs.
As another comparison, I ran a couple of runs with the V1G2 and the Redline matched or beat it on the runs, whereas with 1.4 my V1G2 would alert a few seconds earlier on a consistent basis. A great first showing by version 1.6!

****NOTE THIS IS JUST ONE TEST AND SHOULD BE TAKEN AS SUCH. I LOOK FORWARD TO OTHER FIELD AND BENCH TESTING TO HELP VALIDATE MY INITIAL FINDINGS****

Something else I noticed... In the previous versions of the firmware, the majority of the time the arrows would flip from rear to front at the end of an alert as you were driving away. This seems to have been fixed as well. It stays pointing to the rear until the alert is no longer detected. Very nice!

-Mark

1611165840142.png

1611165872734.png

1611168087152.png

1611168104245.png

Last edited:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Dude, THANK YOU for being on the ball and doing some quick 1.4 vs 1.6 comparison testing! You're the man!

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
One of the benefits of the pandemic... in between meetings is the time to test!!
Something else I noticed... In the previous versions of the firmware, the majority of the time the arrows would flip from rear to front at the end of an alert as you were driving away. This seems to have been fixed as well. It stays pointing to the rear until the alert is no longer detected. Very nice!

-Mark

Last edited:

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wow, significant improvement on Ka between the two versions! Can't wait to see how K-band differs now.

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@BagNDrag , Thanks for the quick testing and initial impressions! I hope to hear more good news on the new firmware update. Hopefully K-band reactivity has improved too.

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nice job ! Thank you for sharing your results !

spanky

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
BaqNdrag: Thanks for sharing your very early testing results

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
First off, let me say, "I love this update!" I know this is only one test and one data point, but I'm super excited about Version 1.6. I can't wait for the bench testing to see what the actual results are for the new response time this firmware gives us. I'm curious to see what running Wide vs "2, 5, 8" vs "2, 4, 5, 6, 8" show now as far as reactivity.
From my two test runs, it feels like the reaction time has been improved. My guess is, the new firmware is allowing the R360c to sniff out the brief weaker signals that exist at greater distances. I was able to do two runs with Version 1.4, update the detector and then do two runs with Version 1.6.
As another comparison, I ran a couple of runs with the V1G2 and the Redline matched or beat it on the runs, whereas with 1.4 my V1G2 would alert a few seconds earlier on a consistent basis. A great first showing by version 1.6!

****NOTE THIS IS JUST ONE TEST AND SHOULD BE TAKEN AS SUCH. I LOOK FORWARD TO OTHER FIELD AND BENCH TESTING TO HELP VALIDATE MY INITIAL FINDINGS****

-Mark

View attachment 170455
View attachment 170456
View attachment 170457
View attachment 170458
Interesting results and thanks for doing this. Perhaps there was indeed some form of legacy RDR that was hampering earlier firmware versions? BS RDR turned the original Redline into a speed and range monster. Might this be a repeat?

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

-Mark

View attachment 170455
View attachment 170456
View attachment 170457
View attachment 170458
Great job showing how 1.6 has made an improvement over the 1.4 version. It's quite impressive for sure.
Thanks for taking the time to do the testing and sharing it with us.

Last edited:

cruiser66

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the great comparison tests Mark!

Wow, 1.6 really has a significant 34.7 detection range improvement over 1.4 and it was already great to begin with.
Almost all law enforcement radar here is 34.7 here (rest - maybe 2% - is 33.8), so these results are great news.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmaverik