North Carolina 'ghost’ cruiser causes controversy

Dave G

Born to lead, At breakneck speed
Intermediate User
Reaction score

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
"If you be straight you've got nothing to worry about" lol

nomore55

PSL +10%
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I dunno, is it really that stealthy with 14" tall letters on the side boldly displaying SHERIFF ?

Don't y'all typically have unmarked cars in the police lineup in each town? We certainly do.

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
At least it doesn't have the Scat Pack/RT front end. Next thing you know they will offer that in a Street Appearance Package!

GTO_04

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
"A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office said the car cost the same as their other patrol units. They said the design was intended to make the car more approachable as it will be used primarily for community policing and some traffic patrol."

Yea....right

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
"A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office said the car cost the same as their other patrol units. They said the design was intended to make the car more approachable as it will be used primarily for community policing and some traffic patrol."

Yea....right
“Hey babe I just downloaded this dating app just to browse... nothing else I swear.”

then:
“hey babe it was just the tip, it didn’t mean anything seriously ”

Followed by:
“hey babe we used a condom, it’s not the same ”

Lastly:
“ hey babe , wanna meet my new kid?”

LinuxD

Prepare for warp speed.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Josh Toth. “When they have the ability to hide like that, it’s more about revenue-generating and less about actual public safety and enforcing the law.”

Hand the man a beer. He hit the nail on the head. It's a road pirate vehicle.

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This car's Ghost isn't as Ghostly as I've seen. It might just be the Camera & Lighting, as I've seen several (one yesterday, that as I approached and passed opposite directions at an intersection) that it wasn't until I was at around 45deg (viewing angle) that I noticed the markings. I was like Woe! as I didn't / couldn't see it from the across the intersection, but passing by within 10', it just jumped out.

I still hear people say.... I can't find a cop when I need one.... well.... this isn't going to help in those situations.....

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This car's Ghost isn't as Ghostly as I've seen. It might just be the Camera & Lighting, as I've seen several (one yesterday, that as I approached and passed opposite directions at an intersection) that it wasn't until I was at around 45deg (viewing angle) that I noticed the markings. I was like Woe! as I didn't / couldn't see it from the across the intersection, but passing by within 10', it just jumped out.

I still hear people say.... I can't find a cop when I need one.... well.... this isn't going to help in those situations.....
Same here. We have a couple in Union County, NC that are nearly impossible to see during the day. They operate a number of white vehicles (Tahoe's and Chargers) with clear ghost lettering as well as this dark gray Charger with black ghost lettering. The guy that operates this car is very good with I/O radar.

Attachments

• Union County.JPG
    Union County.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
So long as they keep the lights on it wont be too hard to see. Thank goodness CMs dont care about ghost writing. If all of this game was visual we would be in trouble.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silberwing