Getting back into being a RD nerd

Spectre356

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I used to have about 15 RD's in my collection, but they were stolen by someone I thought I could trust.

I'm starting over and just received my Radenso Pro M. So far I'm very happy with the detector.

I drive a Jetta, so I do appreciate the size of the Radenso. I've had some fantastic hits with in the short time I've had it. I really enjoy just going for a drive and seeing how many hits I can get.

For my next acquisition I'm looking at the Uniden R7 or the V1 Gen2. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Respectfully;
Spectre356

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Spectre356 - There are quite a few happy RDF members who are users of the R7 and V1G2 and swear by their respective RDs. Personally, if the V1G2 is the favorite RD of @Kennyc56 and @benzr then I would lean towards it as your next acquisition. ;)
Finally, I own the RL360C and the R7, but find the R7 just a little too chatty whenever I use it.

Last edited:

Spectre356

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
That's what I've heard about the R7, in reviews of the Radenso & the R7 by Vortex it's mentioned that the R7 has a few bugs when it comes to BSM filtering, it's a great RD, but I understand being a little "chatty" , it can get on your nerves, so you crank up the filters and when you really need it, you get hit by a legitimate radar, and end up with a hand written invitation to donate money to the city ๐Ÿ˜

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
My R7 is no slouch !!

BUT

My G2 and JBV1 or HR is a freakin'
SHIELD OF PROTECTION !! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

BOTH LIGHTNING QUICK !!

but yeah my G2 n app(s) are pretty much impenetrable. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

R7 Still though, despite it's adjustable chattiness, is a more singular solution.

Both Rock :rock: !!

Good Luck on your choice(s)

Benzr

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Spectre356 - There are quite a few happy RDF members who are users of the R7 and V1G2 and swear by their respective RDs. Personally, if the V1G2 is the favorite RD of @Kennyc56 and @benzr then I would lean towards it as your next acquisition. ;)
Finally, I own the RL360C and the R7, but find the R7 just a little too chatty whenever I use it.
My V1G2 is one update away from being perfect FOR ME in my area! Ka band is killer and I wouldn't change a thing! K band however needs big time I/O and Q/T help! Once VR fixes this, I'm all good!

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Spectre356, Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee!! Congrats on the Pro-M. As far as choosing the R7 and the V1G2, both are great detectors. I own a V1G2 which I am very satisfied with. I do not own a R7, but I do have a R3 which I am also very happy with. As @Kennyc56 stated, the V1G2 has room for improvement on K-band reactivity for I/O and Q/T, but it also has very good BSM filtering.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, either are great choices to add to your collection!

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I used to have about 15 RD's in my collection, but they were stolen by someone I thought I could trust.

I'm starting over and just received my Radenso Pro M. So far I'm very happy with the detector.

I drive a Jetta, so I do appreciate the size of the Radenso. I've had some fantastic hits with in the short time I've had it. I really enjoy just going for a drive and seeing how many hits I can get.

For my next acquisition I'm looking at the Uniden R7 or the V1 Gen2. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Respectfully;
Spectre356
You're considering two of the three best available so it'll work out. I second @benzr and others on the V1. It's an amazing RD. The only exception for me is if I had to face lots of K IO or MRCD(t) I might save the cash and take an R7. But V1 is simply awesome with JBV1 and concealed displays second to none.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

NHGuy

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

I found the R7 chatty out of the box but now in running K band sensitivity at 60% and enable Q-Ride to 35mph and I think I have it where its almost perfect.

Izzyrd

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome. R7 is awesome. I mean, I don't own a Redline or V1 so I'm bias. LOL.

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, I have both and both are awesome, if you are going to run it stand alone I would buy the R7, if you like gadgets and apps I would go with the V1G2 as hooked up with JBV1 is incredible. I also have the Beta version of Highway Radar I run with my V1 both are great apps

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss of your collection! That's really sad.

What are your thoughts on R7 vs V1 Gen2 for your next detector? Have you played with the V1 apps at all?

Sky1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I should have saved my old ones but I kinda always trade them out. I remember my first Fuzzbuster X band unit and testing it with a cop. He had me do a few different runs to see the best way he could beat my detector LOL.
I then got a Bell XKR which was pretty good then finally went to Valentine 1 and have stayed with them ever since.
Just picked up an ALP, haven't installed it yet. Waiting for it to warm up a bit outside.
Welcome aboard!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silberwing