TMG Dual on Chevy Tahoe - No PTs with PL3. Any Tips?

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have a dual TMG up front on my Tahoe, which has a HUGE front with lots of chrome. It's JTG with my PL3, but it’s hard for me to believe that any system could truly cover the front with only 2 heads.

I know the PL3 is supposedly easy to handle, but what tips do you all have to properly test my setup? I've tried aiming at various spots over multiple runs, and it's JTG every time. No issues getting reads out to 2000 ft (max my course allows) on other cars.

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What is the hardest gun in your area you face? If it is Ultralytes and PL3/4 then maybe that is enough. If you face harder guns, you will have to test on those guns to know where you stand. Best advise is test on the hardest gun in your area if possible

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
CHP uses various TS and Sheriff uses Stalker VPRs

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I would try and find a member with a TruSpeed S and/or a Stalker XLR or RLR to make sure you are protected as they are generally more challenging guns than the PL3/4

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I would be ready to add a third head.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sheriff uses Stalker VPRs
Get tested with some LEO grade Stalker XLRs and RLRs, TruSpeed S, and TruSpeed LR. Not all TruSpeed are equal. The more you can get tested with, the better. There are some TMG recognizes, and some they don't.

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have a dual TMG up front on my Tahoe, which has a HUGE front with lots of chrome. It's JTG with my PL3, but it’s hard for me to believe that any system could truly cover the front with only 2 heads.

I know the PL3 is supposedly easy to handle, but what tips do you all have to properly test my setup? I've tried aiming at various spots over multiple runs, and it's JTG every time. No issues getting reads out to 2000 ft (max my course allows) on other cars.

It wont be 100% protection against other guns especially LTI TSS, LTI TS, DET guns so I would suggest to keep your foot of the throttle and drive no more than +5mph PSL.
Even if you go to triple or vpr it will still not be 100% so the outcome should be the same. Keep it close to PSL.
cheers.
Post automatically merged:

Get tested with some LEO grade Stalker XLRs and RLRs, TruSpeed S, and TruSpeed LR. Not all TruSpeed are equal. The more you can get tested with, the better. There are some TMG recognizes, and some they don't.

Its so hard to get tested wih verified LEO grade guns so its better for him to keep it close to PSL limit or move to higher levels of access here in RDF and read Advanced threads to get the sense about the performance.
Till then, keep it close to PSL n enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
No DET in CA. But yeah TS is a problem since CHP uses it exclusively. Locals use Kustom and Stalker, so no issues around town.

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I would be ready to add a third head.
or more.... There's a lot of area to cover......

But the only way to know for sure is by testing, and then testing, and then testing some more......

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekantonelli