Redline 360c Ka segmentation Northeast 2,4,5,6,8?

Sean

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about customizing the Redline 360c I just bought.

I live in CT mostly drive in the Northeast, say VA north through PA and New England. I read this useful thread from Vortex, but it's a little old: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/58040/.

From what I read, if I use segmentation, I should enable segments 2, 4, 5, 6, and 8, and disable the rest of the Ka segments. Does that sound correct in 2021?

Also, what would using segmentation do for me? What benefits and drawbacks are there. Also, segments 9 and 10 seem unused by police, is that true?

Side question: I notice NJ State Plod use Ka band. If I don't get off the highway in NJ, do I need X band detection?

Thoughts?

Sean

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
2/4/5/6/8 sounds good! Stalker guns have been reported all over the frequency range on this forum, both high and low. CTSP may be mostly lidar, but the locals tend to gravitate towards Stalker guns. They're also a fixture in NY and NJ. I recommend anybody who goes up against Stalker guns to run a minimum of segments 2/4/5/6/8.

Anecdotally, I have seen a segment 6 Stalker in Orange, CT.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Sounds Bad especially for the NORTHEAST with all the way off-center Police Radar equipment in the Northeast! If you are driving in New York, you had best turn Segment 1 on!

But more importantly with modern RDs why Segment the RL360c or the V1G2 as there is no real useful gain in doing so plus why risk a ticket from a badly off-center radar unit when you don't need to.

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
But more importantly with modern RDs why Segment the RL360c or the V1G2 as there is no real useful gain in doing so
The RL360c is slow as a dog without segmenting it. It is about equal with the Max360 series on 2/5/8, the minute you add 4/6 it slows down considerable for reactivity.

You are correct on the G2 though, zero point to segment unless you want to reduce false Ka alerts.

MurrayB

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
New Jersey 2/4/5/6/8 for sure. I leave X-Band active in Jersey you can't be sure where you will run into it, I run into it in South Jersey used by locals. I have no personal experience but I believe there is a post where someone ran into NJSP using X-Band in North Jersey.

Good Luck & Enjoy!

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
hate to here the new rl360c is slow.

any idea for the reason(s)? speed was one of the few adv. of the original all digital max-0. sad to see cobelcort can’t get range & speed in one solution.

i also check vortex’s review but didn’t see comments on reactivity... i was hoping the rl360c was going to put cobelcort back in the game but missing q/t‘s is not a option for me...

i’ll give up a bit of range to keep the speed.

Sean

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Maybe I won't segment then. Thanks for the thoughts.

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think you may have misunderstood. You will want to segment to pickup reaction time. 2, 5, 8 is the fastest. I would recommend 2, 4,5,6, 8 to cover out of tune guns. Both of these segmentations are FASTER than not segmenting and running wide.

-Mark

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
like bag said - you need to run this unit segmented because it is so slow which means you are at a high risk of missing q/t shoots (aka - fast/short burst of instant-on hits)...

i would recommend running only segments 2/5/8 for q/t vs concerns over out of tunes guns until cobra-cort can resolve this issue...

Last edited:

Sean

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
In the northeast, is qt instant-on a thing?

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Depends on the state/area, but yes it's out there. Between that and the fairly dense terrain, you want the detector to be as fast as possible.

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
yes - generally referred to as q/t as in quick trigger as in a quick on/off shot. if you have a slow detector, you may not get an alert.

this thread may help you decide your segmented setup

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frjohn