R7 Ka sensitivity after 1.33 firmware upgrade

Rammstein

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I upgraded my R7's firmware and while I love how much quieter it is for BSM, the sensitivity for Ka has also gone down significantly. Did anyone else experience that?

Message #general

DU5T3R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don't recall noticing any difference in Ka sensitivity after I upgraded to firmware 1.33.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I upgraded my R7's firmware and while I love how much quieter it is for BSM, the sensitivity for Ka has also gone down significantly. Did anyone else experience that?

Message #general
What are you basing your statement on?

I'm not sure there's been a lot of testing specifically of 1.29 vs. 1.33, but here is some by @VariableWave and @Kennyc56 that seem to indicate perhaps the opposite, or least 1.33 isn't causing a Ka sensitivity problem.

Gabby

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
No change in Ka sensitivity noticed on my R7.
The biggest difference is the noticeable reduction to K band BSM and other false signals.
Just a thought, check to see if you accidentally enabled Ka filter?

G39x

Huntin' Rabbits
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Only reduction lately I have noticed on my R7 is the lack of LEO activity in my instance. Otherwise, the sensitivity is great

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Message #general
I too like the newest update. I haven't noticed any reduction in Ka at all. Like @Gabby said, check your settings and make sure the Ka filter isn't turned on. Also, make sure you haven't adjusted you percentage down in Advanced mode.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvoidanceInGA