Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score

nomore55

PSL +10%
Advanced User
Reaction score
Red, welcome aboard!! Yeah, with all that increased sensitivity of the R7, you'll need to learn to tone it down a bit. Not a bad thing as you can completely customize to your locale. Enjoy !

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome from another Michigander running R7.

I am happy with it at my settings. I see alot of K and the R's excel at that but also have some falses to go with it.

I run at 60% K, rear mute and 60% for rural areas. Lockouts and City for actual city environment work great. You can use K Block (I currently don't) to help with some falses but I find 24.160 and .168 are problem falses. Use the frequency information to help you determine those. A little experience and you will quickly learn what is real...

RedJeep01

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello @RedJeep01 - Welcome aboard RDF and congratulations on your new R7!

Have you looked at the @Vortex website? He provides outstanding reviews and settings that are extremely helpful.

Hello @RedJeep01 - Welcome aboard RDF and congratulations on your new R7!

Have you looked at the @Vortex website? He provides outstanding reviews and settings that are extremely helpful.

Yes, I have checked out much of Vortex's videos and posts. I have that particular link bookmarked as a matter of fact! Thanks!

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @RedJeep01. I'll be curious to get your overall impression of the LRD950 vs the R7. The 950 offers a lot of bang for the buck and to your point, falsing isn't bad at all. The R7 is obviously more sensitive but there's always a trade off for everything.

RedJeep01

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @RedJeep01. I'll be curious to get your overall impression of the LRD950 vs the R7. The 950 offers a lot of bang for the buck and to your point, falsing isn't bad at all. The R7 is obviously more sensitive but there's always a trade off for everything.
I still have the LRD950 and kind of miss running with it due to all the falses from my R7, but I do need to do the tweaking that is recommended to give the R7 a fair comparison, as I know the R7 is highly regarded. I have a C5 (2002) vert, but I am a Z06 fan as well. :)

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, great choice on the R7!

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I still have the LRD950 and kind of miss running with it due to all the falses from my R7, but I do need to do the tweaking that is recommended to give the R7 a fair comparison, as I know the R7 is highly regarded. I have a C5 (2002) vert, but I am a Z06 fan as well. :)
Yeah, all of the Uniden detectors offer a lot for the money. I bought a couple 950's a few years ago for my kids and have debated upgrading them to an R3 or R7. They like their 950's and since they don't have a lot of falses, I've left it alone. I'll be curious to get your thoughts between the two once you have the R7 dialed in. The C5's are beautiful cars!

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Upgraded from an old Uniden LRD950 to an R7. I liked that LRD950, the R7 false alarms more but I need to "tune" it from factory settings to help cut down on that.
Welcome to the forum. I still use my LRD950 in my pickup and have the R7 in our SUV, which we drive 95% of the time. I was happy with the performance of the LRD950, but love the performance of the R7.
Look around and get comfortable with the forum. Be sure and participate in the threads and get acquainted with the membership.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@RedJeep01, Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee!! Great choice on the R7. It is very sensitive, so hopefully you can “dial in” and “fine tune” and adjust the settings for your needs that will reduce the false alarms while still maintaining the performance level you need.

My wife and I own a BSM equipped Jeep Wrangler JL which sometimes causes a false alarm issue with our Max360c and V1G2 on the rear antenna, but our R3 never has an issue with false alarms with it’s single antenna. I don’t own a R7.

Do you have a BSM system on your Jeep?

RedJeep01

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@RedJeep01, Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee!! Great choice on the R7. It is very sensitive, so hopefully you can “dial in” and “fine tune” and adjust the settings for your needs that will reduce the false alarms while still maintaining the performance level you need.

My wife and I own a BSM equipped Jeep Wrangler JL which sometimes causes a false alarm issue with our Max360c and V1G2 on the rear antenna, but our R3 never has an issue with false alarms with it’s single antenna. I don’t own a R7.

Do you have a BSM system on your Jeep?
No, I do not have the BSM on mine.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extract0r