Seeking Recent TMG Test Data

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If I recall his PT did not have to do with commonly targeted areas(head lights, tail lights, CM etc).

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
MODS PLEASE ADD THIS TO MY PREVIOUS POST (Post #4 in the thread)

An oversight on my part of which I just learned, and is extremely important to note, was in our testing of the TMG systems when we were getting IPT against DE guns; Those TMG systems did NOT have the VPR head installed, which is specifically designed to improve performance against variable pulse rate guns.

My apologies.

Last edited:

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

An oversight on my part of which I just learned, and is extremely important to note, was that in our testing of the TMG systems when we were getting IPT against DE guns; Those TMG systems did NOT have the VPR head installed, which is specifically designed to improve performance against variable pulse rate guns.

My apologies.
I'm not sure it really matters, anything from 2019 on I think is a bust when it comes to TMG.

I haven't heard much from @Jag42 on this, they are kind of in denial on this I believe... Not a dis, but some actual information would be nice.

I don't mean to be Negative Nelly but I haven't seen anything lately to convince me otherwise.

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

An oversight on my part of which I just learned, and is extremely important to note, was in our testing of the TMG systems when we were getting IPT against DE guns; Those TMG systems did NOT have the VPR head installed, which is specifically designed to improve performance against variable pulse rate guns.

My apologies.
If TMG does not have specific algo covered or does not have it covered perfectly it really does not matter if its a non-vpr or vpr system. DET or LTI leo-grade gun will punch through as per respectful & senior RDF testers.
I can only speak from what I saw when I tested TMG VPR once in summer 2020.
From my testing, TMG VPR did alert to a specific DET Compact ECCM on gun and it was JTG on-axis however once I moved to a side (service) road and shot it off-axis just like cop would do parked in his patrol car it was PTs city after 1sec to 4sec. I was targeting closest head light or tail light. So from my point of view, TMG hardware lacks receiver sensitivity.
Now this was a test done with DET gun TMG had algo acquired and dialed in as per on-axis (easy shot JTG) but its still produced PTs under 4 seconds when put under real-world scenario.

Jag42

USA TMG a-15 Dealer - PM me
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I'm not sure it really matters, anything from 2019 on I think is a bust when it comes to TMG.

I haven't heard much from @Jag42 on this, they are kind of in denial on this I believe... Not a dis, but some actual information would be nice.

I don't mean to be Negative Nelly but I haven't seen anything lately to convince me otherwise.
Not much to say, TMG is always working on acquiring guns. @BaileyAB is the expert here. Another TMG vs ALP thread. I tend to stay away from RDF now just like Mike Valentine.

Last edited:

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
While perhaps TMG may have problems with newer DE's, it's crucial, in my opinion, that my posts are accurate and transparent.

I want others to know that they can trust my content and rely on it as fact. If something is my opinion I'll state such so it's clear.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It does matter which DE guns are being used. Some early testing from @Kennyc56 showed then that Tmg did quite well. However our local testing and other recent testing, including the newer Vpr head, front shots only, shows it to be quite vulnerable and not trustworthy. Lets hope Tmg is working on some new Algo’s....
My TMG duals in the front of my Boss 302 came out smoking right out of the gate jamming everything we threw at it, including @VariableWave 's DE! That happened at several tests we ran with several forum members there. At these same tests more than one ALP system got shredded by the same guns until we made adjustments. When we installed the other two heads in the rear however we were not able to duplicate the performance of the front heads against the DE. It has been very frustrating to say the least! We actually stopped testing for awhile mostly because at one test after working with angles and everything we could come up with, we would finally achieve JFG at one site, then a week later @VariableWave would shred me from the rear again while the front was JTG more often than not. This went on for several weeks! The few times I've been shot with all types of guns other than the DE from hell that @VariableWave has my system has kicked @ss. I'm glad I don't face the DE in my area! I'm sure the rear of my car would do much better with another head back there, but we've been trying to make 2 work.

Last edited:

Einzel Wolf

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If I recall his PT did not have to do with commonly targeted areas(head lights, tail lights, CM etc).
This is correct. The pt issues would only happen on the front and you start moving away from center mass. At points were I would receive no warnings if done accurately.

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My TMG duals in the front of my Boss 302 came out smoking right out of the gate jamming everything we threw at it, including @VariableWave 's DE! That happened at several tests we ran with several forum members there. At these same tests more than one ALP system got shredded by the same guns until we made adjustments. When we installed the other two heads in the rear however we were not able to duplicate the performance of the front heads against the DE. It has been very frustrating to say the least! We actually stopped testing for awhile mostly because at one test after working with angles and everything we could come up with, we would finally achieve JFG at one site, then a week later @VariableWave would shred me from the rear again while the front was JTG more often than not. This went on for several weeks! The few times I've been shot with all types of guns other than the DE from hell that @VariableWave has my system has kicked @ss. I'm glad I don't face the DE in my area! I'm sure the rear of my car would do much better with another head back there, but we've been trying to make 2 work.
I remember that testing session.... and..... your reaction when I was operating @VariableWave DE.... LOL!!!!!!

Yes, @VariableWave & @Kennyc56 have done a LOT of testing. I've been able to assist during some of these with some of my "special" tools (which I'd say more about if I was allowed in an Upper Level Section)........
I also have some thoughts on what might help @Kennyc56 to get better results for the rear of his BOSS, but there again, I'm not going to discuss it here.

Looking forward to getting back with @VariableWave , @Kennyc56 and others for another testing session.

WalterTheRadarWizard9999

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Not much to say, TMG is always working on acquiring guns. @BaileyAB is the expert here. Another TMG vs ALP thread. I tend to stay away from RDF now just like Mike Valentine.
GUESS WHAT JAG TMG DRAGONEYE SAVE IN VIRGINIA.. BOOM 💥, today I was coming out of the HRBT and I thought it was an error but sure enough there was the VA state police standing there with a DRAGONEYE... I've heard rumors of a couple of DRAGONEYE guns in Va but never saw one in VA until today... I was doing 20 over I had the TMGS set to 4 second autokill.. I hammered the brakes and played dumb acted like I didn't even see him..LOL Now here's the kicker I always see PL3 & PL4 and regals ..I guess variable wave was right there are a few DRAGONEYE guns in Va..
Post automatically merged:

GUESS WHAT JAG TMG DRAGONEYE SAVE IN VIRGINIA.. BOOM 💥, today I was coming out of the HRBT and I thought it was an error but sure enough there was the VA state police standing there with a DRAGONEYE... I've heard rumors of a couple of DRAGONEYE guns in Va but never saw one in VA until today... I was doing 20 over I had the TMGS set to 4 second autokill.. I hammered the brakes and played dumb acted like I didn't even see him..LOL Now here's the kicker I always see PL3 & PL4 and regals ..I guess variable wave was right there are a few DRAGONEYE guns in Va..
Oh and don't forget JAG I have the 5 Head front only setup on my Tacoma, so I'm feeling bullet proof..😁😁

Here's a pic of my rigged up setup. Lol 😂

Oh here's a better picture

Attachments

• IMG_20201128_154940089.jpg
    IMG_20201128_154940089.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20201128_153658706.jpg
    IMG_20201128_153658706.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Oh and don't forget JAG I have the 5 Head front only setup on my Tacoma, so I'm feeling bullet proof..😁😁

Here's a pic of my rigged up setup. Lol 😂

Oh here's a better picture
Congrats on the save @WalterTheRadarWizard9999 ! Glad to see your TMG's slay one of those bastard dragons my friend!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That's right brother Kenny!! At least we do have Some dragon eye protection.... I can't wait for you and me and variable wave to get together again for some testing!! 👍👍
I was just getting ready to post the same thing! I can't wait to see your 5 headed monster in person and see it get run through the ringer! It's about time to get back after the rear of the Boss 302 again as well.

PY004

Director of Technical Operations
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Virginia has Reigel lasers?

Reigel LIDAR devices cannot be used in the US for public safety system as they are not on the certified product list from the IACP.

PY004

Director of Technical Operations
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
It's a bunch of stuff VA cops AIN'T supposed to be doing, but they do it anyway
That is serious! Please provide your evidence for stating that. With that, we can cripple those VA cops and their department. Imagine the damage we could do if we could prove that they are utilizing guns that are not approved by the IACP! The court will force a lot of speeding tickets invalidated and they will have to refund everyone who got a ticket with that gun. Let alone that since you cant get any of those guns certified or repaired in the US it will erode the public trust of those departments involved in the scandal.

Seriously, provide the evidence and I will get my lawyers to work on this ASAP! I bet those guys are losing too much money from the reduced traffic due to COVID that they are using whatever guns that they can get their hands on to get more of their cops to be on traffic duty!

WalterTheRadarWizard9999

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
That is serious! Please provide your evidence for stating that. With that, we can cripple those VA cops and their department. Imagine the damage we could do if we could prove that they are utilizing guns that are not approved by the IACP! The court will force a lot of speeding tickets invalidated and they will have to refund everyone who got a ticket with that gun. Let alone that since you cant get any of those guns certified or repaired in the US it will erode the public trust of those departments involved in the scandal.

Seriously, provide the evidence and I will get my lawyers to work on this ASAP! I bet those guys are losing too much money from the reduced traffic due to COVID that they are using whatever guns that they can get their hands on to get more of their cops to be on traffic duty!
Absolutely I will

In addition and I'm sure some of the VA members will vouch for me, that Virginia being a commonwealth state and also considering the fact that ALL radar and laser countermeasures are illegal, that this is the bottom line we live in a state that the laws and courts back up the I can do what I feel like it attitude that law enforcement has here... Now admittedly most of the cops are cool however just a look at our laws says ALOT... So my plan is to try and get variable wave to install a GOOD dashcam in my car that does NOT have countermeasures.... I know where the state police sit at with that regal gun...and I'm gonna roll up on him and at like I'm having car trouble while the dash cam is recording him... Walla!! We got him... sounds like a plan Pyoo4.. then we'll send the recording out to you

Last edited:

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was just getting ready to post the same thing! I can't wait to see your 5 headed monster in person and see it get run through the ringer! It's about time to get back after the rear of the Boss 302 again as well.
I want to get in on this!!!!!

I want to mess with @Kennyc56 again while operating @VariableWave LIDAR.
(bbbbuuuuwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa........... :mmmsmug: )

I'd also like to take a few shots at your setup @WalterTheRadarWizard9999 .
(pssss.... don't believe what @Kennyc56 will say about me..... not saying that he's wrong, just don't believe him....)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoobylovesjazz