Seeking Recent TMG Test Data

AM21

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
+1 more for ALP, if you didn't live in a Dragon infested area TMG would be fine, but simple fact is they don't have the same library of Dragon guns that AntiLaser does.

In my own area, I would be happy to suggest TMG as an alternative, as we don't face Dragon guns.
Has any more testing been done on the TMG? Most recent tests I am finding are in 2019? I dont have alot of dragoneye around me currently but if I move I would like to have some protection and it sounds like TMG has been increasing performance for the dragoneye jamming?

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Has any more testing been done on the TMG? Most recent tests I am finding are in 2019? I dont have alot of dragoneye around me currently but if I move I would like to have some protection and it sounds like TMG has been increasing performance for the dragoneye jamming?
I think there is always ongoing testing @VariableWave and @Kennyc56 ummm I think @RaggedEdge has tested some lately, @Marty K within the last couple month. Like everyone said, ALP 100% if you have no DE. My area in Kansas there is none so I would do tmg just to save money. Depends on how you feel as far as risk vs reward. It you do run into DE using a TMG and get a high rate of fuel consumption ticket, would it be less than getting the ALP

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think there is always ongoing testing @VariableWave and @Kennyc56 ummm I think @RaggedEdge has tested some lately, @Marty K within the last couple month. Like everyone said, ALP 100% if you have no DE. My area in Kansas there is none so I would do tmg just to save money. Depends on how you feel as far as risk vs reward. It you do run into DE using a TMG and get a high rate of fuel consumption ticket, would it be less than getting the ALP
"High rate of fuel consuption"

So benzr esque 😜😜😜

Looooove it !!!!!

B

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
We've tested a couple of TMG systems recently against DE, and always IPT I'm afraid.

I think TMG makes a good product. They just need more DE algos if that's what you're up against.

*MOD EDIT* - Original author has requested the following text be added to the end of this post.

An oversight on my part of which I just learned, and is extremely important to note, was in our testing of the TMG systems when we were getting IPT against DE guns; Those TMG systems did NOT have the VPR head installed, which is specifically designed to improve performance against variable pulse rate guns.

My apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:

AM21

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
We've tested a couple of TMG systems recently against DE, and always IPT I'm afraid.

I think TMG makes a good product. They just need more DE algos if that's what you're up against.
Not sure on dragon eye usage in west Texas.. but assume it’s used in Dallas/Austin areas

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It also depends on configuration. If you have a compact/midsized vehicle and a dual head system is appropriate, those have tested really well in the past. Add an RDF discount from jag42, and you have a really high bang for the buck system.

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I haven't finished compiling the testing from the winter event I just did, but the couple TMG setups (focus, genesis) we tested did ok on the front against stalker XLR, the rear was not as good with PT's out to 600 ft. Truspeed S we had PT's out to 500 feet front and rear. Front dragoneye performance varied A bit between 300-1000ft pts, rears were basically IPT. If you don't face much for DE, TSS or TSLR then you should be ok with TMG.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
FWIW, my set up did well against TSS last spring. JTG/JFG on 3/4 sensors. The one that was not aligned properly(rear DTL so I didn't care too much) IPT'ed until 500 ft then jammed from there on out. So did the Volvo in the test, only one not so likely real world PT.

And that's why the continued testing happens!

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
...If you don't face much for DE, TSS or TSLR then you should be ok with TMG.

DE aside, the TSS and TSLR performance is a big issue. Any areas that are now using and contracting older and easier to jam LTi guns like TruSpeed 20/20 or LRB, etc. could buy TSS or TSLR at any time. LTi is all over WI and there have been plenty of verified TSS encounters so it's not just as simple as only worrying about the DE IMHO.

AM21

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I haven't finished compiling the testing from the winter event I just did, but the couple TMG setups (focus, genesis) we tested did ok on the front against stalker XLR, the rear was not as good with PT's out to 600 ft. Truspeed S we had PT's out to 500 feet front and rear. Front dragoneye performance varied A bit between 300-1000ft pts, rears were basically IPT. If you don't face much for DE, TSS or TSLR then you should be ok with TMG.
Ill have to look into the TSS or TSLR to see if they are used in my area or not.. Has this always been the case for TMG on TSS or TSLR?

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Any areas that are now using and contracting older and easier to jam LTi guns like TruSpeed 20/20 or LRB, etc. could buy TSS or TSLR at any time.
This just happened in my area. MASP was a stable Ultralyte buyer for years, but have been making the switch to TSS in the last couple years. Now I see more TSS than Ultralyte.

DE is one thing. But LTI issues are a big problem since LTI guns are so prominent across the whole country.
Post automatically merged:

Ill have to look into the TSS or TSLR to see if they are used in my area or not.. Has this always been the case for TMG on TSS or TSLR?
For a while now, yes

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It does matter which DE guns are being used. Some early testing from @Kennyc56 showed then that Tmg did quite well. However our local testing and other recent testing, including the newer Vpr head, front shots only, shows it to be quite vulnerable and not trustworthy. Lets hope Tmg is working on some new Algo’s....

PY004

Director of Technical Operations
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Any areas that are now using and contracting older and easier to jam LTi guns like TruSpeed 20/20 or LRB, etc. could buy TSS or TSLR at any time.
Don't forget there's even some legacy LTI guns that the TMG fails to jam properly.

WalterTheRadarWizard9999

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
As long as TMG KEEPS working on it I think it'll be fine I run TMGS in VA, I have a 5 Head setup on my Tacoma.... I've tested against every gun or almost every gun and I got no complaints... Because as long as they keep working on updates the jam capability can only get better. I'm thinking about buying another quad Head setup for my new SUV... That's my 2 cents worth 😁😁😁

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
1. More testing has been done on the TMG however for now it has been kept in higher access levels (advanced & non vendors).
2. If there are no DET, LTI TS, LTI TSS guns around you now what/who guarantees you your local detachments wont purchase them tomorrow or you wont move tomorrow in a DET infested area?
3. From my perspective it seems TMG has been decreasing performance for dragoneye jamming due to lack of new guns access and not being able to crack algos. Lately we have been finding out through various tests from respectful testers its performance is not really as TMG vendor was presenting it to be for the last 2 years.
I am not saying dont purchase TMG system but be aware of it limitations and dont purchase it with hope those limitations will be resolved next week. Is it possible? Of course it is possible, but how probable it is? Not likely.
Good luck.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I hate to say it, because I have 2 TMG's and I am sure I will sell at least one, so I may be shooting myself in the foot...

I am totally losing faith in TMG! I have heard a few comments that they are "working" on things but I haven't seen action as of lately, and things keep going down hill when it comes to results.

I hope I am wrong... 😒

BaileyAB

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I hate to say it, because I have 2 TMG's and I am sure I will sell at least one, so I may be shooting myself in the foot...

I am totally losing faith in TMG! I have heard a few comments that they are "working" on things but I haven't seen action as of lately, and things keep going down hill when it comes to results.

I hope I am wrong... 😒
I hope you and me and others are so wrong for the sake of RDF community whoever bought TMG as their primary LJ CM....

Last edited:

Einzel Wolf

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
FWIW, my set up did well against TSS last spring. JTG/JFG on 3/4 sensors. The one that was not aligned properly(rear DTL so I didn't care too much) IPT'ed until 500 ft then jammed from there on out. So did the Volvo in the test, only one not so likely real world PT.

And that's why the continued testing happens!
Slightly I had jam just fine till roughly the 500` mark then a pt due to my set up. We believe the lack of sensitivity on the sensors. We later tested it with a PL3 and it had more or less the same pt zone/issue.

BaileyAB

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Slightly I had jam just fine till roughly the 500` mark then a pt due to my set up. We believe the lack of sensitivity on the sensors. We later tested it with a PL3 and it had more or less the same pt zone/issue.
Same from my TMG testing observation and results. It has a lack of receive sensitivity vs ALP sensitivity so if a cop targets headlights and slightly off-axis (like from the side road instead of standing next to a road) TMG will get punched through pretty quickly in less than 2 seconds.
Bytheway I tested VPR setup vs DET ECCM on.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silberwing