Been lurking too long! Greetings from the Midwest!

psanken

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of my research for radar detectors over the course of my interest in them. (~8 years) Ever since I purchased my R7 about 2 years ago I have seen this forum from Google searches and got so much information from it! After about 2 years of hanging around in the corner looking at posts I've decided to actually do something.

My first detector was a Beltronics Vector 955 back in like ~2012 and I loved it for what it was knowing what I knew then. Running that detector for years got me more and more interested. I was finally able to splurge and had just been waiting for the right time for a new detector that seemed to perform well to be released and I'm so glad I got the R7. After owning it for a while I realized there were no good places on Facebook to really discuss radar detectors, or at least specifically the R7. I decided to create the Uniden R7 Radar Detector users group on Facebook. After being the admin for a few weeks I realized how many people were interested in that detector and I was surprised to see how many people are interested in radar detectors in general.
Long story short I'm glad to see there is an awesome forum with so many knowledgeable people. Looking forward to seeing what's all here!

Ps: if anyone has some good insight on the Highway Radar app and how it functions using SABRE and other hosts that would be welcomed!👋🏼

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hello @psanken - Welcome aboard RDF and congratulations on your R7!

Highway Radar is an outstanding app and you can read more about it in its subsection here:

You can also find out more about SABRE here:

WzSabre - SABRE plugin for Highway Radar & JBV1

If you still have questions, don't hesitate to post your questions in the appropriate subsection on RDF. Again welcome aboard!

Last edited:

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Bocephus

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome and buckle up!

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to RDF. We hope you enjoy the forum. Nice choice on the R7.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You already have an excellent RD. RDF will help you get every last bit of performance from that R7.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of my research for radar detectors over the course of my interest in them. (~8 years) Ever since I purchased my R7 about 2 years ago I have seen this forum from Google searches and got so much information from it! After about 2 years of hanging around in the corner looking at posts I've decided to actually do something.

My first detector was a Beltronics Vector 955 back in like ~2012 and I loved it for what it was knowing what I knew then. Running that detector for years got me more and more interested. I was finally able to splurge and had just been waiting for the right time for a new detector that seemed to perform well to be released and I'm so glad I got the R7. After owning it for a while I realized there were no good places on Facebook to really discuss radar detectors, or at least specifically the R7. I decided to create the Uniden R7 Radar Detector users group on Facebook. After being the admin for a few weeks I realized how many people were interested in that detector and I was surprised to see how many people are interested in radar detectors in general.
Long story short I'm glad to see there is an awesome forum with so many knowledgeable people. Looking forward to seeing what's all here!

Ps: if anyone has some good insight on the Highway Radar app and how it functions using SABRE and other hosts that would be welcomed!👋🏼
Welcome from someone who posts on the FB site!

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@psanken , Welcome to the Forum !! There are quite a few R7 owners on the RDF. We are glad to have you join us.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. It seems you're more than up to speed. You're already in the fast lane.
Great choice on the R7. It's what I drive with and couldn't be happier.
Look through the forum and join in on the conversations. I think you can learn AND share. We'd love to hear about your countermeasures experiences.
If laser is used in your area, you probably want to check into laser protection. Lots of information here to guide you.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckmanNZ