Greetings From Grande Prairie Alberta

oper8or

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I've been viewing the forum a lot and have noticed that there inst much info for my area despite it being photo radar hell. So I bought an ALP system, a Uniden R7 and a Prolaser III and decided to join in on the fun. I am a second year electrical engineering student so I have a bit of knowledge of how some of this stuff works on a hardware level.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

jcp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome from Vancouver :) Looks like you have all your bases covered :)

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome no messing around with you good man 😎
Where you buy your laser gun from ?

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Must have mis it was looking there the last couple of weeks saying that not great with ebay the internet in general but I'm learning bit by bit

v1fan

smeg
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've been viewing the forum a lot and have noticed that there inst much info for my area despite it being photo radar hell. So I bought an ALP system, a Uniden R7 and a Prolaser III and decided to join in on the fun. I am a second year electrical engineering student so I have a bit of knowledge of how some of this stuff works on a hardware level.
Welcome - one of my job offers after school was in GP with Buckeye cellulose owned by P&G at the time. You are a hardy people for sure.

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome. Dont know if there is MCRD in GP but if there is the R7 is ok but the Radenso ProM is best. Alp will serv you well. Did you get rear protection? As front plates are not required there so it will tend to be rear shots often from an overpass.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome. Dont know if there is MCRD in GP but if there is the R7 is ok but the Radenso ProM is best. Alp will serv you well. Did you get rear protection? As front plates are not required there so it will tend to be rear shots often from an overpass.
GP gets MRCD visits from the mobile vehicle department of revenue creation.
Not sure if they have their own or borrow from Edmonton at times, but they go on blitz's, announce in news how many victims, and have signs posted around town.
I've only once seen a pickup photo radar on a drive down to the pulp mill.

oper8or

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
They don’t have MRCD here unless it gets brought down. I have front and rear protection too.
Post automatically merged:

GP gets MRCD visits from the mobile vehicle department of revenue creation.
Not sure if they have their own or borrow from Edmonton at times, but they go on blitz's, announce in news how many victims, and have signs posted around town.
I've only once seen a pickup photo radar on a drive down to the pulp mill.
They have their own equipment but they are all mounted truspeed s on the picodigicam setups. They have a few handheld units too but they are mostly truspeed s or won’t hit me.

Last edited:

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I have the exact setup as you. I think you will be pleased with the performance of the R7 and the ALP. Keep reading and join in the conversations. Be sure and ask questions and share your experiences with us.

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@oper8or , Welcome to the Forum!! You have a great countermeasure set up!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Born2fish