Fade so pro m vs OPP K band

passat5v

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Running a pro m but noticing very bad range when dealing with OPP K band, roughly 2-300 meters before getting alerts. Are they running that low power?

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
For this particular area I’m using highway mode, mounted high on the windshield beside the rear view mirror

We highly recommend using AutoCity mode, but more specifically what are your K band settings?

passat5v

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
We highly recommend using AutoCity mode, but more specifically what are your K band settings?
I think this is my problem, I’m not sure what they are but I’m also not sure what they should be set for in Ontario, I’ve researched but haven’t received any solid answers. Do you have a recommendation based on my area?
Post automatically merged:

K narrow

Last edited:

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you're on Highway Mode, you're at maximum K band sensitivity.
You should have TSRej set to Low, as high will reduce range slightly.
I have my Pro M on Auto City.
Speed 50/80 kph (mute under 50 kph and highway sensitivity above 80 kph)
TSRej Low. (High if you get too many car BSM falses)
City K filter level K2, unless lots of BSMs then K3.
K Narrow.
With those settings anything above 80 kph you get maximum K sensitivity useable in daily driving, between 50 and 80 it reduces sensitivity to about 2/3 as much as Highway, plus adds more K filtering based on your settings (K2).
The Pro M had decent K Band range, and Auto City mode is a really nice automated adjustment based on GPS speeds.
Set your AutoCity speeds based on when you want K bands alert and when to go into Highway Mode.
Example, you may want 30/70 kph as anything over a school zone speed limit alerts, and max after 70 kph for the boulevards.
You will have to choose and experiment depending on your area and threat levels.

GoWFO

If you have to go... GoWFO!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
OPP in my area (150 km north east of Toronto) are running the Falcon HR, it's low power K, I haven't run in to it in the rest of the province though

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
TSR rej can make a lot of difference against the Falcon HR and Raptor RP-1.

When I tested my Pro M vs my Raptor (K antenna, same as Falcon HR) the difference in alert between TSRrej off and high was 16 seconds, travelling at 50 km/h. TSR rej high, only alerted in the kill zone

passat5v

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks guys I’ll try your ideas and see what happens

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Born2fish