New Database Update 1/5/21

mattguy10

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
DFR7/DFR9/R3/R7/R9 Database Update(Last Updated 01/05/2021)

Download and Extract Database File
R3/R7/R9 – Use Uniden R series SW Download Tool to apply database update.
DFR7/DFR9 – Use Uniden Database Manager to apply database update.

Remember to scroll down and click on “firmware”

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up !

Gabby

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks.
Quick question on DB updates.
I noticed in my R7 that the correct version shows up in the radar detector without doing a factory reset.
Is it necessary to do a factory reset with the DB updates?
I don't like having to redo all my option settings after a factory reset and if it's not necessary with the DB updates all the better.

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
No you are fine without factory reset for database update

Bratman

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a real newby question, I have joined this site and had a good look around after buying an r3, I was dumb and didn’t realise there was a specific NZ version till I went through this forum but I had already ordered, yes I know !
I am assuming mine will be the US version and I have found all the downloads and database updates, the downloads say “not for NZ version“
So is it right for me to assume I use that firmware to replace mine when it arrives then I use this database and I will be up to date pretty much as an NZ unit or is there anything else I’ll need to do ?
Thanks for any answers and apologies for being dim?

cheers

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a real newby question, I have joined this site and had a good look around after buying an r3, I was dumb and didn’t realise there was a specific NZ version till I went through this forum but I had already ordered, yes I know !
I am assuming mine will be the US version and I have found all the downloads and database updates, the downloads say “not for NZ version“
So is it right for me to assume I use that firmware to replace mine when it arrives then I use this database and I will be up to date pretty much as an NZ unit or is there anything else I’ll need to do ?

cheers

Get in touch with @Mithheru. 👍

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

cheers
I can update it to my R3forNZ firmware which is better suited to NZ than the US firmware. I can likewise also update it to my 2.24 NZ database which is better than Uniden's latest 1.43 with more cameras and better accuracy. Please send me a PM once it arrives, and I can help you get it set up.

Kiwistorm

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I can update it to my R3forNZ firmware which is better suited to NZ than the US firmware. I can likewise also update it to my 2.24 NZ database which is better than Uniden's latest 1.43 with more cameras and better accuracy. Please send me a PM once it arrives, and I can help you get it set up.
Hi @Mithheru, embarrassingly, I'm in the same boat and only found this forum post buying my R3. I'm unable to start a conversation with you, maybe because I'm a new member? Anyway, really keen for some assistance sorting my R3 out in NZ and you seem like the guru. Cheers

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrinaMinyard