Low-light camera options - Watec?

nhdriver

Advanced User
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where this belonged but have been looking for quite some time after kicking myself for not buying the FLIR's PathFindIR II awhile back for $999.

Has anyone played around with these low-light sensitive cameras? The modules are around $400, has a CS-mount for lenses albeit the options are limited, some of the models can operate with light as low as 0.0001 lux (f/1.4). They claim it's near-IR sensitivity.

Without using additional IR, can be monochrome or buy one with color, it may possibly be a good night time CS & those damned deer I have the most luck with around here in NH.

Monochrome:

Their site:

DrHow

Going “Plaid” (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where this belonged but have been looking for quite some time after kicking myself for not buying the FLIR's PathFindIR II awhile back for $999.

Has anyone played around with these low-light sensitive cameras? The modules are around $400, has a CS-mount for lenses albeit the options are limited, some of the models can operate with light as low as 0.0001 lux (f/1.4). They claim it's near-IR sensitivity.

Without using additional IR, can be monochrome or buy one with color, it may possibly be a good night time CS & those damned deer I have the most luck with around here in NH.

Monochrome:

Their site:
This has built in video recording and still pic taking. No removable card (weather proof). Laser range finder. The best FLIR system for this purpose I have found. Excellent digital zoom. Not cheap. Hard to get. I really like mine. Plus, will save me thousands on house heating. Have all the bad spots tagged for needed insulation improvements. FYI

AC5B7676-3DD1-4F39-995E-698E9FB74E57.jpeg

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Born2fish