How to get Ka priority?

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Typically where I drive my encounters are either K or Ka, rarely do I run into a situation where I run into Ka and have a K false, but it happened a couple times recently. The G2 is prioritizing the stronger K band signal (tone alerting) over the weaker Ka band signal - this when connected to JBV1.

How do I get the G2 to always prioritize Ka, not matter the K band strength?

Thanks!

NorEaster18

Bad Actor / Difficult RDF Member
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Funny enough, I just had a situation earlier where I really could have used this.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Typically where I drive my encounters are either K or Ka, rarely do I run into a situation where I run into Ka and have a K false, but it happened a couple times recently. The G2 is prioritizing the stronger K band signal (tone alerting) over the weaker Ka band signal - this when connected to JBV1.

Thanks!

You can't get the V1 to use the Ka tone if it's weaker than a present K.
Well you can, if you shut K off ;)

I've considered turning K band off on the V1 momentarily in these situations so that the V1 does use the Ka alert tone.
But it's too risky and not a great idea to be programming the V1 in the middle of an alert.

Transwarp

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Thanks!
I've seen this too. If the unit prioritzes K and you mute it, you lose the Ka alert as well.

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've seen this too. If the unit prioritzes K and you mute it, you lose the Ka alert as well.
The 'V1 Companion' iOS app has an option to prioritize the alerts by Band. It is the way I run mine full time. I personally like band priority over signal strength priority.
Settings.JPG

-Mark

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I should have added that I run V1 very quiet and rely on JBV1 audio. I also have a variety of muting options that help keep noise down.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
I should have added that I run V1 very quiet and rely on JBV1 audio. I also have a variety of muting options that help keep noise down.
Ahhh, so that’s why it’s so quiet for you... 👌

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

Thanks!
Can't change how V1 prioritizes, but you can change how JBV1 does. If you want V1 doing all/most of the alerting, and you also want to hear a Ka-band alert when V1 is prioritizing a stronger K-band alert:

General > V1 > V1 Priority Enabled (disable)
Audio > V1 Alerts > Alert Sounds (enable)
Audio > V1 Alerts > Ka BAND OPTIONS > Alert Sound (enable)
Audio > V1 Alerts > Ka BAND OPTIONS > Only on Band Conflict (enable)
and disable Alert Sound for all other bands

Now, JBV1 (your phone) will alert only for Ka band, and only when a Ka-band alert isn't the V1 priority alert. V1 will be muted while this is the case.

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can't change how V1 prioritizes, but you can change how JBV1 does. If you want V1 doing all/most of the alerting, and you also want to hear a Ka-band alert when V1 is prioritizing a stronger K-band alert:

Now, JBV1 (your phone) will alert only for Ka band, and only when a Ka-band alert isn't the V1 priority alert. V1 will be muted while this is the case.
Thank you for this, just set it up and will test it out soon. Seriously starting to wonder if there is anything JBV1 can't be customized to accomplish!

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score

What happens with K band alerts with such settings enabled by the user? Can you explain all conditions and what the user can expect to happen in regards to a legitimate K band threat?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr350