Tesla Model 3 - suggestions on protection

Zybane

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance. Right now I am using an old Beltronics RX-65. I also have a ~2016 era never installed Stinger system with three LFIB-14 fiber laser transmitters, two LRS-14 laser receivers, VIP D-10 control head and HD-12 radar receiver. Is this Stinger system any good/worth installing anymore or should I just sell it?

From what I understand, a stealth system is like impossible to get functioning correctly on a Model 3. Should I just get a 360C Redline or wait for the Theia?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Do you know what Radar and Laser threats you face? Local news on speeders might be able to help us determine the equipment used.

Zybane

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm in a pretty rural area, but I guess I'd be more concerned with the state police. I'd like overall protection for road trips but I do realize the Model 3 is a pretty terrible car to mount a stealth integrated system.

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Should I just get a 360C Redline or wait for the Theia?

Just buy a 360c or a V1G2 now.
If you wait for Theia, my opinion is that you will be an old codger and be tagged with a lot of tickets before you see an actual product that will live up to even half of the Theia hype. Don't go unprotected. Current generation products like the V1G2 and 360c are very, very effective against K and KA.

For laser, there is really only one way to go. ALP is hands down, the most effective and gets regular FW updates.

Last edited:

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Since you're in the market for a radar detector or other counter measures, have you considered filling in this form? https://www.rdforum.org/form/4/select

Completing it will start a new thread with your pre-filled information and allow even more members on RDF to make recommendations for you. :cool:

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Off topic posts moved.

@Zybane your best bet is to fill out the recommendation form as @jestric suggested.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonmota95