Hello from South Florida

SHxTGUN

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi there everyone! I've been using a Uniden DFR7 for a couple years now with the basic cigarette lighter connection with the cord dangling in front of my dash and all. Anyways, I got a new car this last year and recently decided to upgrade and clean up my setup a bit. So, I sold the DFR7 and now have a Uniden R7 as well as added a dash cam to my setup too (Viofo A129 Pro Duo). Also decided to clean up the wiring on the RD and went with a mirror mount/hard wire for my car. I look to learn more about both devices here as well as interact with the community here.

While I am here, I had a question to ask that I won't start a new thread for since this should be simple enough to answer for the people much more experienced than me. So I have both devices mentioned above set up in the general same area (top, middle of windshield), and while I didn't place the dash cam directly behind the radar detector, it is still very much in the vicinity of the front of the detector/ on the same level. My question is, is will having the dash cam in the way like that effect the usefulness of the RD? I like the minimalistic look of having the RD as high as possible on the mirror mount, but if anyone thinks that it will hinder the performance of it, would it be better for move the RD down a bit past where the dash cam is?

Here are a couple pics of the setup in question (sorry don't mind the dirty windshield, just got back from a round trip on I95..)

IMG_5606.JPG
IMG_5613.JPG

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome from St Lucie county :)That setup should work just fine, having the dash cam off to the side will cause no issues for detection range.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You should be fine. When you have the camera's wifi on it's possible you may run into false alerts though so keep it off when not in use.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@SHxTGUN , Welcome to the Forum from Tennessee !! Looks like you have a great set up !! The R7 is a great choice and popular on the RDF.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cajuncwby30