Leniency

TheFlapjack

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I just moved to the DFW area, Haltom City to be exact, from Vegas. Trying to get an idea of how much leeway is typical before getting a ticket. I know its not a guarantee, but a good rule of thumb. In NV, you can typically count on PSL+10 on freeways unless you are driving like a jackass in general and about PSL+5-10. Any insight here?

Thanks

GreyGhost37

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Not sure about that particular area of The Metroplex, but I know this about my home State of Texas: Ka 34.7 is the real deal.....watch out! ✌️

Weeth

Advanced User
Reaction score
where in dfw? highways roughly 10. a dude doing 85-90 got stopped in a 70 last week on 114

Frankrizzo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
DFW it’s all about which municipality you are in. Being a mid cities peep you’ll really need to flesh out Euless and Bedford as they are top historical a holes at times. They also like to abuse the service roads low psl coming off of ramps. Fort Worth seems to be pretty slim in visible comparison. They do have their spots on i30/i35 though.

fyi Fort Worth is also 35.5

TheFlapjack

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Not sure about that particular area of The Metroplex, but I know this about my home State of Texas: Ka 34.7 is the real deal.....watch out! ✌️
I'll take Ka band all day. Sure beats having to worry about K falses on the regular. I got used to very minimal K exposure in Vegas. The area that you may see it, I had an override setup on the V1 to turn K band on.

What areas are known for K band here?
It's also taking some getting used to seeing the different muni's running CO on city streets.
DFW it’s all about which municipality you are in. Being a mid cities peep you’ll really need to flesh out Euless and Bedford as they are top historical a holes at times. They also like to abuse the service roads low psl coming off of ramps. Fort Worth seems to be pretty slim in visible comparison. They do have their spots on i30/i35 though.

fyi Fort Worth is also 35.5
I noticed Haltom cops hiding and shooting IO on the feeder roads that are painfully 35 PSL.

Frankrizzo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Firstly Tarrant Co sheriff is k band Tahoes. Crowley is k band and possibly more I can’t remember. I’m a south tarrant driver so less familiar with the like of what grapevine/Southlake and Saginaw are doing. Fort worth does pull out the laser on the highways and last one I saw was parked immediately behind a work truck for construction zone on 820 psl 65 everyone doing 80.

k is quite prevalent in rural small town texas so if you venture off interstates I’d expect some.

Redline411

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome to DFW! I have not done a ton of driving in your area. Based on my logs, its all 34.7 in your area. You will see 35.5 in Fort Worth. Watch out for Lidar in Arlington on I-30. I’ve only run into a few instances of K-band being used and it’s been off the beaten path.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Dallas Metro motor units also like LIDAR. Those guys can't help you if your car is burglarized but they're happy to help you with your speed.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckmanNZ